Customer reviews

New Used Car
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 October 2017
Good cd with really good vocals and music. Well worth a listeneven if it is from 2006.
on 11 August 2017
Not her best.
on 23 May 2006
Sue Foley sure hits the ground running with her 10th release 'New Used Car' right from the raunchy opening title track of the same name! Initially gigging around her hometown Ottawa, Canada she eventually headed south to Austin, Texas and on 'Make It Real' you can hear some of those raw southern rockin' influences before she lives out dreams and fantasies on 'When I come back to ya'.

Fortunate to cut her teeth touring alongside blues legends Buddy Guy, Albert Collins and other luminaries, we are then given 'Absolution' that not only displays her fabulous guitar and vocals, but also her true roots in the blues and this thankfully is the longest take on the album. After unexplained interference on the intro to 'Sugar' we are then treated for her longing to 'Do It Again'! You need only hear the first few bars on her classic 'Mother' before you realise that this girl takes it all when she leaves you craving for more of the same (can't wait for an extended live version)... bring it on!

The melancholy acoustic 'Long Tomorrow' preludes the scathing 'Little Things' that annoy and end a relationship and it's easy to lose yourself on 'Found My Love' before getting up to boogie on ''Deep Freeze' and the finger pickin' 'Change Your Mind'.

What's so good about New Used Car is that it showcases Sue Foley coming of age placing her firmly in the driving seat and on the road to becoming a blues legend! Never a dull moment with this blues guitar woman as she changes gears and moves into the fast lane with easily her best cut to date!
on 20 July 2006
It is a great relief to me that I was able to give this CD 5***** right from the first time I began to play it. After her diabolical "CHANGE" in 2004 (which I could not award even 1*) I feared for the future, but this CD is as good as any she did in the past (and a slight improvement on a couple of earlier efforts). Her quirky voice is as appealing as ever and there are some tasty guitar licks throughout. All those who, like me, were put off Sue by "Change" can buy this with confidence (and alacrity, as it is that good!).
on 6 December 2016
I had to get this in C.D form as I couldn't get a downloadable Mp3 version. It sounds like a bunch of live studio takes devoid of all that fussing about with mixing desk manipulations. Sue doesn't need all that electrical enhancement lark as she shoots from the hip with great little guitar riffs and that lovely, unpretentious, singing style that doesn't do silly things with unnecessarily theatrical vocal inflections. If there was anyone that the phrase 'keeping it real' belongs to it's her. I must say that my favourite song on the album is the title track, though 'Do It Again' comes a close second. I'm a late convert to her music but have now got the full set of her releases and those that she plays on with other people. She's a proper rocker that doesn't need gimmicks to do what she obviously loves doing. One of my favourite all-time female rockers in fact. She makes me happy just listening to her.

Eamonn
on 4 November 2009
Can't stop listening to it from the first day
I bought it. Everytime my head keeps reeling...
The best contemporary blues female vocal.
I'd recommend it to all couples who appreciate
romantic relationship.