on 10 June 2016
Great album. Getting harder to find. Masochist is my favorite pendulum song and they never meant for it to be released. [...]
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 October 2009
I saw this album and thought a jungle album mixed by Pendulum i've got to have it being from the old school of jungle, The time when i was young and you were even younger.
The first disc was a little lacking of what i'm used to feeling a little let down i continued to listen and found the mixes to be ok.
Disc two supprised me somewhat as it was in a different league to the first what happened it blew me away (not as much as when i was younger but then maybe my tastes are changing).
All in all if you are an old school jungalist listen but don't be too disapointed if you are fresh on the scene the you'll love it.
on 28 February 2015
This is one of the best original D'n'B albums to date, still rocking this in 2015, Breakbeat Khaos do a top job on this, if you listen to tunes of today's genera you don't get the original authenticity of the Drum and Bass scene which this brings out. Loving this album and for only 6.00 bucks this is a sure bargain for anyone (heavy drops and heavy beats all round!!!!)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 March 2006
Surely they can't be serious. Re-arranging the tracks and changing the cover DOES NOT make a new album. This is really taking the proverbial.
That's not to say these are bad tunes, but it's essentially the SAME ALBUM as Junglesound, the Bassline Strikes Back, so only buy it if you've not got the first.
Shocking attemt to make money off the back of Pendulum's recent success, save your hard earned!
on 29 March 2006
From the mouth of Rob from Pendulum:
RE: 'JUNGLESOUND GOLD'
just gotta clear this up:
a) We had no prior knowledge of the release of this CD. The first we heard of it was on discussion forums linking it to the product being sold in shops.
b) We mixed the CD back in mid-2004 - therefore the mix, as well as our tracks included on the second disc, do not reflect the Pendulum sound of today (for better or worse, thats up to you ;])
c) We never intended nor agreed to release 'Masochist VIP' - I did it in about 30 minutes as something special to play out at a show. It was only given to Fresh and Adam F in low quality mp3 format for them to play out as DJ's - not to be released.
d) We didn't approve and in fact strongly disapprove of the 'Junglesound Gold' artwork, especially in relation to our name being unfairly used as an advertisement - plainly an attempt to link 'Junglesound Gold' to the recent success of 'Hold Your Colour'.
As a result of the above, we do not endorse 'Junglesound Gold' at all.
- Pendulum.
22 Comments| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 April 2006
Pendulum stirred up quite a stir in the d&b community when they openly disowned this mix cd as released by their label Breakbeat Chaos. They stated that it had released without their knowledge and contained a dated sound.
Owners of Junglesound 2 will immediately recognize the tracklisting from the excellent Bassline Smith mix.
This is not a bad mix cd as such with quality tracks. However it is at heart a copy of the superior and original Junglesound, except mixe by Pendulum.
on 25 July 2007
i dont posses the origonal jungle sounds cd, but this is good cd i must admit on cd1 it is a bit annoying when the mc's come in over the top but darrison is far better than mcmc. the sencond cd is were it redeems itself 13 unmixed tunes that for dj's are usful with unheard fresh tracks and even for me some unheard Adam F tracks. i got this cd for £3.99 and it was worth every penny.
on 19 April 2006
This mix is pretty good with some good songs. I haven't heard the original of this so as its the first time I've heard I thought it was pretty good. The MCing is, like with most MCing over mix CDs, just annoying more than anything. It's alright when they say something proper but a lot of the time they just big up breakbeat and the DJs and by the end Darrison resorts to making random noises. It's worth a listen and the money I paid for because of the unmixed CD that comes with it but there's plenty of better mixes out there.
on 15 March 2006
Arghh!!! I hate it when they do this. Basically a re-release of the amazing Junglesound Bassline Strikes Back Vol.2 but with a few extra tracks on the unmixed cd 1. In fact some of the tracks from the original junglesound unmixed cd have been taken out all together.
As my dad used to call me....LAZY!!!