Customer reviews

Style: D Batteries|Change

on 28 December 2014
Bought to use with the Roberts Duologic. Very impressed with them. They come already charged and they lasted all Christmas morning and most of Boxing afternoon. They were not flat when the radio was switched off. They have now been fully charged so they should last a long while
on 7 August 2017
As described and good value. Delivery (from Europe) was a bit longer than usual, but I wasn't in a hurry
on 23 March 2017
prefer other brands - didn't seem to last long in use.
on 29 June 2017
Standard items should require no commets.
Arrived on time
on 26 August 2017
Very Good
on 8 September 2010
I originally bought 2 packs of these to go with my Varta 4 Watt LED Camping Lantern - Ultra Bright 300 Lumens
I bought another pack as the lantern uses 3 batteries so I now have 6 of these, 3 in lantern and 3 charged and ready to go.
They obviously don't last as long as "normal" batteries but they have the highest mAh of the D type rechargables and they are rechargable! The other makes just seem to be a AA battery inside a D shell?
So far I am very happy with them.
Oh and they even came charged!
on 16 November 2013
Varta state that these batteries can be recharged 1000 times, I recharged one of mine for no more than half a dozen times, and it would charge no more. I e-mailed Varta's customer 'service', even offering to return the battery; instead (and through many e-mail exchanges) Varta request increasing amounts of information, lastly a signed copy of my invoice. When I submitted this I thought I might be close to resolution, only to be faced six weeks later still waiting for a reply.
Varta offer the worst customer 'service' I have ever experienced - my own experience indicates that they are not interested if you experience a problem with their product. Just hope that you don't experience a problem if you buy one of their products, because if you do, don't waste your time trying to get a resolution from them!
on 24 June 2010
ive used these batteries in my baby daughters sleeper chair which vibrates to help sooth her to sleep and these vartra last longer than Duracell or energizer,i am not saying Duracell and energizer are bad batteries these just have more staying power,they may cost more but i suppose you get what you pay for.
Style: D Batteries|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
What can one say about batteries? They are utility items that we all need for various gadgets around the home.

Nice bright packaging, and as with other Varta Battery packs, each battery is in it's own compartment in the blister pack, so that in taking one out to use, the other did not then fall out as well. It is these little details that are often important and helpful.

As with smaller capacity Varta Re-Chargeable Batteries, these were fully charged and ready to go.
Exscellent! No waiting around to re-charge before use. I checked them in my battery tester and they were, as stated, fully charged.

They are German manufacture which is indcative of a quality product. They are definately more powerful than the average D Battery. I put 2 in what is now an old outdoor Torch and the light emitted was so much brighter than with the ordinary non-rechargeable type of battery.

Looking at other rechargeable batteries these are perhaps a little more expensive, but at the end of the day you get what you pay for and cheapest is not always best.

Since writing the review, I just wonder if there is a re-charger available for this size battery. The re-charger that I have only fits AA and AAA size rechargeable batteries.
on 28 January 2011
These batteries come ready charged and each charge lasts for ages. These are the best rechargable batteries I have ever had. I have now bought a couple of sizes and will replace all my others as they need replacing.

See one answered question