Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 April 2017
This album is two sheets of sets and disk 2 is a special disk. It is sufficiently healed by the vocal with only disk 1. Then, disk 2 is a special disk and 6 songs of interest are obtained. In it, the Ave Maria ( Bach / Gounod ) is the English version only of this album which is not in the other album. She is singing this English version lightlier than singing this music of the other album where firmness is slightly left to the pop style. Her song of this music likes me very much. Because all music is very obediently the one which was beautifully sung and was released at the time of 18 years old, I think that the feeling of the transparency, too, is the album to be enough and for her of the singing ability who is excellent to be typical originally. It is passing for equal to or more than 10 years after sold but attempt to hear by all means.
on 5 August 2013
This is a special edition of odyssey, it has two CDs. I purchased this one for the song Ave Maria on the second CD which has interesting English lyrics, I think the best version of Ave Maria that Hayley has done. This album is one of her best ones, it has a great mix of styles, some very classical pieces and also some pop type easy listening songs such as Both Sides Now and Never Saw Blue. This version is worth the money for the extra CD.
on 25 September 2017
Bought as present they loved it
on 7 January 2017
Stunning voice and collection as always.
on 19 October 2007
I'm not much of a 'Crossover' fan and a lot of Classical or Opera renditions leave me cold-especially from their unintelligible diction.
Many 'Famous' Divas I think, are past it because their "so called" professionally trained voices are harsh, unnatural, strained and brassy.
Hayley Westenra is quite simply, An Angel, sent down here to show us puny mortals that heaven really does exist.
Her rendition of "Laudate Dominum" is the best I have heard in many a year and I'm 57. She has a soaring, effortless, golden voice which I can never tire of, I have had the above song on 'repeat' for Days!!!
One small critique; I thought the cellos were over-amped as they seem to
'Grind' like a worn gearbox but apart from that, 10 STARS.

Kevin Gallagher
on 28 December 2006
I have only heard about Hayley Westenra a few days ago, so I thought I'd give it a go. I wasn't disappointed. Actually, I was impressed. This is a five-star album and Hayley has a really beautiful voice.
on 4 April 2006
Being a huge fan of Hayley Westenra I was delighted to see this new release. Having heard a clip of The Water Is Wide on her official website I can't wait to hear the full version. It is a song that is so suited to Hayley's voice and she performs it beautifully. Keeping some tracks from the original release of Odyssey and adding some new ones is a fantastic idea, the result being a more classical feel and I know that this new version is going to be even better than the previous release. This album has a look and the feel that is closer to Hayley's outstanding debut album Pure and I'm sure that Odyssey will repeat the phenomenal success of that album. Another great album from one of the most talented young voices in music today.
on 7 December 2010
Some would suggest that Hayley Westenra has the voice of an Angel ..... and this might be so. For me though, and because that description is based on an ideological viewpoint, I would prefer to say that this beautiful singing voice is one of the purist I have ever heard.
The two standout tracks are now firmly established in my all-time favourites, and they are 'Prayer' and 'Quanta Qualia'. The latter is such an amazing performance, the listener could easily be forgiven for confusing Hayley's astonishing tones with those of a high pitched wind instrument at times, and the end result leaves a calmness and peace that is difficult to create through most musical arrangements.
on 21 April 2006
I really love the album and this re-release has a great variety of tracks.

I absolutely adore the Quanta Qualia track written by Patrick Hawes. It really shows off Hayley's voice and range to great effect. I hope she records more classical tracks like this in the future as it's simply stunning!
on 18 March 2008
Hayley Westenra's voice is breathtakingly soulful, and the choicest of superlatives I can think of fail to do justice to her music. 'On Both Sides Now' is delightful, soothing the listener with a gentleness one can hardly ever grow tired of.
'Prayer' is fantastic...and I could go on like this for ages....Hayley is surely a phenomenon.