on 19 April 2017
Having tried all the popular makes, I must say that these are the most suitable for my purpose... I have a Larrivée OM-03 silver oak and
find these are the best strings for fingerstyle and my guitar that I've tried so far. No point mentioning all the one I didn't like and so
I'm not in any way knocking any other maker or type of string but these suit me, the coated ones seem fuzzy and although they will last longer no doubt, they're three times the price so maybe things even out as regards value.
I've only posted this 'review/opinion' to hopefully save anyone with a similar instrument and style of playing the bother of going through all
that are on offer, just simply to say try these first and stick with them if you like them and as with many things, cost doesn't always mean satisfaction is guaranteed.
Please don't comment arguing against what I've written as it's just my own experience.
on 25 September 2017
Really pleased with these strings. I've recently tried Gibson phosphor bronze, Martin extra lights and these and whilst I like all of them, the D'Addario might just have the edge. 3 sets for roughly £5 per set seems good value, same price as the Gibson and Martin strings I have tried - God knows what goes into some of the sets that cost the higher prices. I've used these on a good quality jumbo solid woods, and I am very pleased. I would also like to be able to change strings more regularly without it breaking the bank, so I will probably choose these next time. I generally play without a plectrum, so finger style or strumming and these have a lovely balance of projection and ease of playing. Recommended.
on 21 February 2017
I bought these to replace some pretty old strings on my Seagull S6 Folk that I bought way back in 1991. Some researching and queries to Seagull come up with these strings as the set to get. Some Seagull guitars can come with Godin strings that are 1-for-1 compatible with these strings (I suspect the "Godin strings" are repackaged D'Addarios), but Seagull - a helpful and friendly company - pointed me to these.

My guitar, which already has a response that I really like - thanks to following Seagull's advice over the years to keep an acoustic guitar close to a loudspeaker if possible so as to exercise the woods in the instrument - sounds really sweet now that I have better strings to get that aged warm character from the instrument. New strings normally make the sound a bit more glassy to begin with, as these do, but the clarity was a revelation. For "not much money" these are my default choice as of now.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 31 January 2018
Replaced my 40 year old guitar strings, and to be honest I preffered the sound of my old strings, these ones are a bit twangy and there are lots of vibration sounds on the fret board. I think I need to get a heavier gauge next time but I'm not sure.

They will do me for now until I need to repalce them again, or maybe I finally buy a new guitar. LOL.
on 15 December 2016
It's not often I have to buy string strings for my acoustic, but after changing strings in my second Guitar I bought these as my back up set. The delivery was quick and thank God it was. I played a gig tonight and snapped a string! This is the first time that I have used D'addario. The tone is much better than the Rotosound I usually use. The packaging should ensure that they are in tip top condition when I open. The color coding on the ball end is easy to use. At this reasonable price, I have bought myself some additional spare sets.
on 15 March 2017
These were my first purchase of new guitar strings having only been playing a short while and the strings on my second hand guitar snapping. I followed a friends advice and went for the light gauge D'Addarios and I'm really glad I did. They took about a week to stretch out fully and keep their tuning but my guitar now has a really lovely warm and bright tone to it. Coming in a pack of three sets is really useful as I now have two spare packs in the gig bag ready for the next breakage!
on 10 June 2017
Plastic packaging was torn on all 3 sets of strings and 2 x D strings snapped after only 45mins of play each - and I don't usually snap strings.

Usually sets of these same type of strings, but shop bought last me up to 8 hours of gigging tonally and I change them purely out of choice rather than necessity. It disrupted 2 of my gigs yesterday.

If it had been 1 string I would have been inclined to say it was a rare mis-strum, but 2 x in such a short space of time is too coincidental I feel
on 9 February 2017
I recently bought my first guitar. It needed new strings and I had no clue where to start. Having read a couple of reviews of these inexpensive strings, I decided to give them a try. I am pleased to say I was not disappointed with my choice. These were easy to fit, have a lovely bright sound and didn't kill my fingers too much. After all, as a novice I was expecting my finger tips to be shredded.

Over time these have mellowed in sound without losing their brightness. They provide a warm and bright tone which I love. For the price I was very pleased indeed.
on 10 February 2017
Whatever the people writing one star reviews are doing, they need to put the guitars down and take up piano!
These are the BEST strings money can buy, ive been using them for 15 years, and rate them highest on my list of strings.
Even ernie balls super slinkys cant compete with d'addario!
on 18 October 2017
I personally don't like these things they have a more rich bold sound compared to my previous strings, I can't imagine what medium or heavy are like! I don't want to be unfair though, these are great quality strings but I think they are not to my preference. I bought these for a change instead of Ernie ball earthwood rock and blues strings which I will probably continue to buy. Good product, not for me though.