Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change

on 27 February 2009
I purchased this bed in the knowledge that I have a large, heavy cat (he's not obese, just naturally jumbo-sized). When it arrived I was instantly concerned as it didn't seem very sturdy and the hooks were so shallow that they wouldn't fit over a double radiator.
After finding a suitable single radiator (of which I have only a couple of) and putting the bed on it was an almost instant hit with my large cat. He slept in it for hours.
But it's fallen off the radiator - with him in it - a total of 4 times! I noticed that when I put pressure on one corner of the bed one of the hooks lifts up and the whole thing comes crashing to the floor, cat and all. Sometimes the bed's frame falls apart!

I'd only recommend this bed to people with small cats and plenty of single radiators. Otherwise you'll end up with an unhappy cat like mine who's torn between sleeping in his new bed and avoiding it lest it fall.

It also has very short hooks so people with high radiators should be wary, especially if you're buying this for an elderly cat.
22 comments| 174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2014
Perfect.Is the second one I bought.My cat is a fat one.
review image
on 1 February 2015
Good service. We were not sure our cat would use it but she loves it!
review image
on 23 November 2015
Radiator Cat Bed arrived quickly, easy to assemble, good quality. My cat loves it, he's been in it since I put it up I can find him in it day & night. He no longer sleeps on my bed, which is a blessing as I was having to de-fur the quilt cover on a daily basis. The fleece cover is removable for washing but so far I have just hoovered daily to remove the fur. The cat bed hooks over my single radiator with no problems & is quite stable, not had any problem with it sagging when the cat is using it or coming off. I would say my cat is on the large side & he fits in it with ease. I would recommend this to any one looking for a reasonably priced Radiator Cat Bed.
review image review image review image
on 25 February 2014
Product arrived, very flimsy, instructions are incorrect and the telephone number to call for help is a dead line. Will not fit over anything except very thin topped radiator and not strong enough to hold anything bigger than a kitten. Sending mine back and going to buy one from a pet shop where I can be sure if what I'm getting before I buy it. Disappointing.
on 1 April 2009
This cat bed doesn't look like the one in the picture above. It has a big 'hammock' and very small hooks so it hangs on the radiator at a considerable downwards slope. The connections between the arms and the curved front bar are very flimsy and the hammock sticks out much further than you will be expecting. A very poor product.
on 8 November 2007
I have purchased this item for my cat - once fitted together (which was easy) he sat in the bed and did not move all evening - l now have to purchase a second for my other cat who was very upset - this is a wonder item and all cats will love one.
on 7 December 2007
A really great product, I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to treat their cat, or just keep them off of the sofa. We've had about three over the years and every cat loves them.

However be warned; at parties people sometimes mistake it for a seat, which it usually quite amuzing when they end up on the floor!
on 1 December 2010
fits the bill in every way no more fighting the cats off the chairs.economical, comfortable,warm and cosy plus easy to clean! perfect.
on 1 December 2013
Having only brought these beds a couple of days ago they have broken already!!!! When I opened boxes I saw that they where made very badly and not sturdy at all.

And now I have broken cat radiator beds which I am very angry about especially as I brought 2. DO NOT BUY THESE CAT RADIATOR BEDS!!!!!!