on 9 February 2009
I had 16 people coming for a buffet lunch and I thought I could never cope making coffee for them all in my little caffetiere so I decided to buy this coffee maker. What a brilliant machine! You just put one dessertspoon of coffee in for each cup (it makes anything from 2 - 12 cups) and the right amount of water which is all marked out on the resevoir, then push one button and hey presto in a few minutes (up to 7 for 12-cup amount) you have a jug full of great coffee. Not only that, it keeps it piping hot on the hotplate for 2 hours and then auto turns off as a safety feature but you can just push the button again and it continues to keep it hot. I really wish I had bought ones ages ago as it makes life so much easier and it can even be programmed on its timer to make the coffee at any time you choose so you can wake up to freshly made coffee in the morning!
on 20 July 2009
I bought this for my coffee addicted husband as a gift. He loves it and uses it every day. It is simple to use and has a timer so you can wake up to the wonderful aroma of fresh made coffee!!It is a good feature for those that don't have time to make it first thing in the morning. We have had it for quite a while and have had no problems with it at all.
22 Comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 December 2008
Allows you the option of manual or automatic use. Using manually, it's no different from any other coffee filter. To use automatically, simply put the coffee and water in, set the clock to the time you want your coffee, press a button and leave it. Switches on at the preset time -so if you want, you can get up or arrive home, to freshly brewed coffee. Large 12 cup capacity, permanent filter, thermostatic hotplate - what more could you want?
on 6 February 2010
Excellent product, good features,looks stylish and very neat and makes good coffee as well.
Only reason it hasn't got 5 star is the waterfill is at the back of the machine but perhaps I'm being too critical
on 27 June 2013
The machine's been in use for a number of brews and, so-far-so-good.
One thing I did notice is that unlike my previous coffee machines, this one keeps the coffee hotter after the filtration process. With previous machines I always had to give the second or third cuppa a 20 second burst in the microwave to notch-up to sipping temperature.
I haven't used the timer yet, but I'm sure that'll work OK when needed. LCD display is very small and not easy to view and, to be honest, virtually useless (LED display or a larger LCD would have been better here).
Build quality seems pretty robust with the exception of the following comment.
Main concern is that the jug is made from VERY thin glass. I can see it breaking easily, say, against the tap when filling (I've done this before one clumsy morning). Previous machine's jugs were made from thicker glass and thus were far more robust.
So, I guess if it were poss, I'd give the machine 4.5 if that was an option.
Right... after all this, I'm off the make another coffee.... enjoy TT!
VINE VOICEon 6 April 2011
We have had this item in the household now for over two years and it still keeps churning out the coffee. My wife bought it for me knowing how much of a coffee addict I am and boy am I glad she did. As filter coffe machines go this is the easiest one I have ever used, simple and straight forward(Not that you need to be a genius to use other styles, but you know!!). The best part for me is the timer. Working shifts and not having a lot of time spare at 05:00 in the morning it is great to come downstairs in the morning to find a delicious pot of your favourite blend waiting on the hotplate for you. Even better knowing that before your wife leaves for work she has set it again to have another pot ready for you when you get home from work at the end of your shift. Also while having the capacity to hold twelve cups I personally don't find it too big or clumsy and it fits nicely in the corner on the kitchen cabinets. Plus the best thing, and what every man needs to know, it's easy to clean!! A great item all round.
on 22 April 2013
This is a great product for its price you can set it so you can wake up to nice fresh coffee every morning. I bought this for my Dad and her loves it, especially waking up to fresh coffee. The heater is good as well its must keep the coffee hot for about an hour then it will keep it drinking level for about an additional 2 hours. It is also really easy to use and set time and programme it too!

Overall I would definitely recommend this to anyone!

Hope this review was helpful! :-)
on 2 February 2010
The Morphy Richards Cafe Mattino filter coffee maker arrived very well packaged and undamaged - but without any instructions. However, I was able to download these from the Morphy Richards web site.
The machine itself is very easy to use and can be programmed to deliver lovely fresh coffee first thing in the morning, which I have already done on several ocassions. It seems quite well built for the price, but I do wish that manufacturers would try to build machines of this type to last at least 10 years. I for one would happily pay a premium for this.
on 24 July 2013
Keeps the coffee hot for hours after you turn it off. This is a great coffee maker and love having the timer on it.
on 23 June 2011
I bought this coffee maker for my husband who likes to have a pot of coffee on the go every day, and as his last machine broke down, I was looking for a robust one. After much research (I read many reviews on the site), I decided that this one seemed to fit the bill - easy to use, holds a good amount,looks good, and best of all turns itself off after a period of time, so no more burning the bottom of the jug! It makes the coffee really quickly too. The only slight drawback is that water that collects in the lid as steam can run down the back when the lid is lifted. But great machine on the whole!