Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 May 2017
This is when I first heard Bruce and The E Street Band. Still my favourite performers and enjoying, once again, the early version of the repertoire. If you've heard later versions of these numbers, you'll probably (like me) get a thrill from the early performances.
on 2 October 2014
Absolutely brilliant
on 28 October 2015
Wasn't a Springsteen fan (at all) before this but a truly superb live album showcasing some excellent material up to that point. Tempted to buy the DVD as well its so darned good. Still doesn't excuse Yawn in the USA and what comes after mind-you!
on 14 May 2014
First off, the reviewer brucehead "john" has a good point in that the 2nd show was supposed to have been even better. A friend of mine was there for the second and said it was unbelievable. But for me, as I was there for this the first one, I can only talk about this show. It may be a cliche but it was a life-changing event. I'd never seen anything like it before...the movement, the sound, the charisma, the connection with the audience....everything changed after that night. My expectation level as to what a live show should be like was raised to a level that nearly 40 years later no other artist/band has got anywhere close to equalling. And I've seen some great shows. This album brings it all back. Great to have it available in such great quality. The dvd is amazing although as I was sitting at a different angle to the cameraman my memory is playing tricks with me. My recollection of Kitty's Back is different to how it actually is! For me maybe the best live album of all time. This is a magnificent album. Favourites include Spirit In The Night, Saint In The City, Rosalita but all are great. Bruce went off to conquer the world but for me it all goes back to this night!
on 19 March 2010
London 1975,boy would I have loved to have been there.This is an awesome performance by the Boss.The double set from beginning to finish is as good now as it ever was.The songs given room and time to develop,a band as good as you'll ever hear.Bruce was here laying down his mark as possibly the greatest rock artist ever with his band they just came in from an European tour and took London by the throat.It was the gig that set the tone for every BS gig here since and to finally have it released complete is marvellous.Boss fans have waited for this one and the wait was more than worth it,please Boss fan or not get this set,you'll be convinced if not before of how really great he's always been.The Detroit Medley ,a stunning covers track of the cities classics,Thunder Road,Born To Run,Tenth Avenue Freeze Out (I think his best version ever of this),Rosalita and the rest,all in one fabulous live rockin' concert.This music is timeless and unmissable.I'm currently reading Clarence Clemons book (the sax player on this set),and to hear his playing here you see how he's grown up with the boss, and surely anyone now has to say this is among the best live bands ever.This '75 concert is absolute proof.
VINE VOICEon 13 April 2006
I was unlucky enough not to have tickets for this legendary concert - let's face it they were like rocking horse doo-dah - but listening to this is just like being at the gig.Like they say if the number of people who claim to have been there WERE actually there he'd have had to have played 5 nights at the Maracana Stadium to have fitted everyone in !! All you need is some dodgy T shirt sellers outside and away you go. This really is the sound of a band at the start (and height) of their powers and man do they rock.It's hard to believe that this was 30 years ago as the band sound as tight (but endearingly sloppy - does that make sense) as they do now. Highlights for me are "Bormn to run" and the "Detroit Medley" along with some of the older stuff that he doesn't play these days like "Kitty's Back". "Jungleland "is as wonderful as ever though
on 11 April 2006
I was lucky enough to be at this legendary show and to this day clearly remember it as the most exciting Springsteen concert I've seen (and I've seen all his UK shows). Mainly because he was such an unknown quantity in the UK then and had yet to become the international stadium superstar. The album's sound quality is A1 and took me back to that November night when the little (next to Clarence) 27-year-old guy in the big woolly hat and baggy pants redefined what a live rock performance should entail (perfect musicianship mixed with a 'last chance power ride)'. I've never lost the memory of the change in pace from the frenzied Mitch Ryder medley to Bruce taking the stage alone to accompany himself on piano for the plaintive "For You". The atmosphere is captured perfectly on this album. Hard to believe for years Springsteen judged his incredible first night Hammersmith performance as one of his worst (mainly because he hated the record company hype that night). Nice to see in his liner notes that he acknowledges how wrong he was! I never saw Dylan at the famous "Judas" concert in 1966. But Bruce at Hammersmith in November 1975 will do just fine
on 24 July 2012
This is probably one of the best live records you will ever own. Just amazing. AMAZING. The vocals, the rawness of the young Bruce, the intensity, the emotion. The band is spotless too.
Even if you're not the biggest Bruce Springsteen's fan, if you love music and soulful rock n'roll you will love this record.
on 22 May 2006
I saw Bruce & The E-Street Band at Earls Court in the late 90s and I thought that show was the best live show I've ever had the delight to experience. So how dumbstruck was I when I realised that he used to be even greater!!

This concert is the bees knees and I'd really recommend getting the DVD for the full experience but if you just want the music then this CD will not disappoint. Don't worry that it doesn't have any of his later music on it - you won't miss them when you're immersed in this concert. Bruce Springsteen was born with the gift of genius and this CD proves it.
on 6 April 2006
Nothing against this, based on the DVD its very very good, but... He did two nights at Hammersmith Odeon. the first night was good(research contemporary reviews, which were,good but what was all the fuss about)but the second night was incendiary, and reviewed as such by the Melody maker who more or less said, Tuesday, good, but he was still getting the range right for British fans, but on Thursday night, he did the business)- Nothing against this release, but hopefully someone, including Bruce will remember that he said afterwards"the second night we really did the business" And ... watch out for the 5 minute intro and incendiary, burning version of "Pretty Flamingo" and the ultimate burning version of "She's the One" as an encore..