on 20 July 2017
My kids love it
on 30 January 2015
My kid love it! It looks great!
But it arrived with a small paint scratch.
on 5 February 2010
The Philips Massive Kico Yumbo Wooden Aeroplane Pendant Muliti Colour [what a long name!] light is a great feature in any kids room. Its actually in my youngest son's room, but my daughter loves it too, as do her cousins. That is an age range from 7 months to 9 years old.

The product itself is a good solid piece of kit. the fuselage is shaped out of a single piece of wood and is therefore quite heavy Not much heavier than a glass lampshade though. The assembly of the plane is completed in mere seconds with just 2 screws by the wheels. I would suggest ensuring that you have a good fixing to the ceiling joists or proper plasterboard fixings to carry its weight.

You can raise or lower the plane distance from the ceiling and even angle the flight path [by adjusting the wing strings and cable length] so that it looks like its in some sort of action rather than just straight and level flight. The propellor is free spinning so you can turn it to a suitably interesting position too. With all of the positions/angles I tried, I found that there are no substantial shadows cast by the wings or fuselage. Room lighting was ideal. The max bulb is 60W ES.

All in, I am very pleased with this purchase and now have the dilemma of what to get for my daughter's room that is of an equal standard...
on 13 November 2009
My 4 year old loves the aeroplane pendant........and so do the adults.
The design including the bright strong colouring make this an instant focal point.
Love the cleverness of the design - a light bulb as the pilot - superb!
Relatively easy to fit.
on 18 October 2012
This plane light fitting is perfect for our baby boy's nursery, it has a real feel of a traditional looking wooden toy and the soft glow light bulb we've put in it is harmless on his eyes as it is mostly shielded by the plane (it sits in like a pilot).

Great build quality of the plane itself, only downside was the ceiling rose that came with it was just a plastic cone with no way of attaching it to any existing ceiling fitting, I replaced it with a ceiling rose I already had and fed the wire and strings for holding the plane up into this. I should also say that the strings are fairly easy to adjust on the wings so you can angle the plane how you like and give it a look of being in action.

Overall we love it.
on 19 September 2011
The item was delivered quickly & packaged well. The item was fitted to the ceiling but a hook was detailed on the instructions when fitting but we never received a hook so the plane isn't hanging up completely until we go & get a hook to improvise. Other than that little detail we are pleased.
on 25 June 2013
When recieving the item it comes in 2 parts wings and body. When fitting the items together the pillars on the wings just fell apart so i have had to do a bit of carpentry to rectify!, also the cone which protects the light fitting was cracked, but once together all looks good
on 27 November 2013
I love this light, it looks great and really brings the room together. I marked it down a star because the fitting for the ceiling is thin plastic and I found it hard to sit it flush with the ceiling but after a while I got it to look not too bad.
on 21 August 2013
This is fabulous and the kids love it. One thing I would say though was that the dowels holding the wings together were coming apart so we had to re-stick them, but once the light is up, it looks great.
on 3 December 2013
My little boy loves aeroplanes, saw the reviews for this light pendant and decided to buy - it looks great and my son loves it. Its a good size but not too heavy, nice colours, well made and the wing support chord runs through the ceiling mounting cup freely and so allows the angle of the wings to be changed (as if in flight), a simple but nice touch.
The only small negative (and this is a nit picking) is the wing spacers were loose so needed glueing, at least I felt I had some input into the finished item! Would definitely recommend this product.