Format: DVD|Change

on 27 August 2014
It was very good thank you
on 3 February 2015
Arrived on time & intact,
on 6 July 2014
great actors. great film.
on 18 March 2015
great price great movie
on 2 October 2014
Fast and efficient! :-)
on 22 August 2015
Such a powerful story!
on 7 January 2009
I watched this DVD last night for the first time. Undoubtedly an amazing film, what a wonderful actor we have lost in Heath Ledger - I would recommend this DVD to anybody. Fantastic.
on 22 July 2015
Nice adaptation.
on 2 May 2006
My review is purely based on the actual story. The cinematic craft used to turn the story into film is a distinct consideraton. If you watch films for the cinematic construction then this film is five stars. The story content is two at best. I watched the film on DVD yesterday for the first and only time.

I am still at a loss to understand how these two men fell in love so deeply as to distract from their future marriages. The lead up to the first lovemaking scene has not thus far registered with me. There is no build up emotionally. I cannot recall any scenes that suggest that either man is falling in love with the other. This may be a sign that the book (I've not read it) has not transferred well to film. the first sign of attraction occurs when there is in my view a very sudden, violent and unexpected lovemaking scene. Only after this point does it become clear that the two men might actualy be in love with each other.

The story is OK. I will watch the film again if only to confirm or disprove my initial reaction to it! There is more I would have liked to say, but I feel it would constitute a spolier.
on 27 July 2015