Customer reviews

on 17 August 2014
rubbish tunes
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 May 2008
I used to DJ a lot around London and have dropped a lot of these tunes to packed crowds. The proof is in the pudding as the crowd loves these tracks every single time - especially Dare!! The remix of Dare may go on and on but that's the charm - it get's more intense as it reaches it's climax. Overall most of these remixes are classics in their own right. If you're a Dj playing contempory Punk Funk sounding tunes then you should already have most of these in your box!!!
on 10 January 2007
well as most people seem to have done i paid no attention to the first reviewer who although calling himself a music fan might want to look up some of the terms he uses first. is this album funky? it most definately is. can you dance to it? sorry that you found this not worthy for your line dancing classes but for normal dancing it work.

this album just demonstrates the skill that the dfa team have, they remix songs giving them such new life that you wouldnt believe it came from the original. the new version of hot chips just like we break down being in my opinion the best track with perhaps the blues explosion being the weakest. i would honeslty recomend this album to any who like the artists on the DFA label, having said that it did take me a couple of lissons to really get into it.
on 13 November 2007
My Fav Track has to be Scott Brown - Now is the time, so many memories and good times listening to this album. I'm hardcore and this is where it began, to learn you're harcore listen to this. If you have got been introduced to hardcore you should buy this album and true hardcorist's will already own this album. I'm hardcore and this is what I do. . .
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 January 2004
I love this album and i love happy hardcore, especialy when im smacked of my tits on E. GO ON MY SON!
on 15 May 2006
I was nearly put off by the negative review but I'm glad I wasn't. If you rate other DFA stuff etc chances are you'll like this too. Some great tracks on here well worth getting hold of.
on 18 July 2006
Firstly, IGNORE THE FIRST REVIEWER!!!!! I could rant on for hours about how he's somehow "..missed the point on so many levels" etc etc, but I'll stop short and simply say that this is a truly awesome compilation. An absolute must have for any discerning contemporary dance music enthusiast.
on 30 March 2006
I bought this Cd as I had enjoyed the LCD Soundsystem album, which I thought was fresh and witty.
Unfortunately, this collection of remixed indie rock tracks clunks and rattles like a 1980s "Dance Remix" of a U2 song. No funk, no tunes, no sex.
Like a group of drunken college students, this record is not as clever as it thinks it is, its jokes are not funny, it cant dance and it overstays its welcome, with some tracks over 12 minuets long. The Gorillaz tune "Dare", the original a great short sharp modern pop tune,is stretched out until the soul of the song vanishes. Give me something sharp, short and sexy over this ponderous leaden rubbish any day! Give me real feeling and emotion over this too-cool-for-school ironic racket!
on 7 January 2001
This is happy hardcore. Personally, as a fan of happy hardcore, this is my album of preference. It is truly happy music, if you feel down/depressed, this is a greatly recommmended, a true pick-me-up. Brings back so many memories of 4/5 years ago.