Price:£7.86+ Free shipping

on 7 March 2007
This certainly isn't one of those games where you can just go charging in, in the hope of picking up a health pack to put you right after you've just blasted a battalion of German soldiers.

I haven't played any of the console versions of this games so it was entirely new to me. I'd just finsihed Medal of Honor Heroes and I was looking for something along the same lines. Well Brothers in Arms: D Day came as a bit of a surprise. I took the same Gung-Ho approach that I'd used in Medal of Honor and was dead within minutes.

Bothers in Arms is a lot more realistic. You only live once. No health packs. When you're dead it is back to the last check point (quite frequent so don't worry on that account). This game is all about strategy and patience. The levels are well designed, it has good graphics and the controls are spot on. The sound effects are really good if you've got headphones on. You really get the sensation you're actually there.

During the whole game I only experienced one problem when a couple of the soldiers under my orders just refused to budge so I had the delicate task of finishing the level on my own, which in this game isn't always that easy when you want to flank a machine gun post. But apart from this very minor problem I didn't encounter any framerate problems or glitches

Buy or not to buy. It is one of those games you got to stick with it to really enjoy it. So I'd have to say if you've got the patience go for it, if you haven't then this game isn't for you.
on 17 December 2006
Lots of action! Makes the transition well onto the psp! For people who enjoy playing as the Germans there is even the opportunity to do this in skirmish mode. The control for fighting at close quarters is a bit difficult to muster and sometimes you become disorientated. If you like war games you'll like this though!
on 30 December 2006
Brothers in Arms: D-Day

BIA D day, has all the makings of a very good game.

The graphics are ambitious and overall very nice. Easily comparable

to moh heroes. They wouldn't look bad if they were on ps2.

The sound is not bad. Not as good as moh heroes though.

The gameplay is different in the way that it is squad based and tactical

rather than run 'n' gun, like other fps's. I think that the tactical

gameplay works very well on the psp, and is really fun to play.

The AI of the enemy and your fellow soldiers is very impresssive.

On the odd occasion your man does not go where you tell him to go, but

usually it is really good. the enemy reacts just as you expect and will

not charge at you if you are firing at them. Instead, they will use cover

and the red blob appears above them, if it is grey, then they will not

come up and take pot shots at you. If you shoot in their direction

they will not leave cover. If the blob is red then they will

happily shoot you. Although so far I have praised the game greatly,

it does have a certain aspect that really destroyed the whole experience

for me. That aspect is the controls. They are useless. Would you believe

that you cannot even look up or down with your gun out, unless you are

looking down the iron sights. Its a shame that after MOH Heroes showed

us that an FPS can actually work on the psp, ( by using triangle,

square, O, X, for looking, and analogue stick for moving, which works

surprisingly well, by the way) They make this game, which really doesn't

work.

For longetivity, this game is alright, with skirmish modes and co op plus

quite a long story mode.

In conclusion, this game could have been a masterpiece, but falls short

due to lack of a good control sceme.

graphics: 8

gameplay: 6

sound: 7

lifespan: 7

Overall, I would give this game 6.5/10, which is average.

I would recommend for anyone really due to the awesome strategy aspect.

But if you really enjoyed MOH Heroes and are the all action kind of person

than I would proberly give this one a miss. Wait for Rainbow Six Vegas

for psp, or Call Of Duty: Roads to Victory for psp to spend your money.
VINE VOICEon 15 August 2008
I really enjoyed playing the Brothers In Arms games on the PS2 several years ago and so I thought I'd revisit the series with this.
The PSP verion is pretty much the same as the games on the PS2 with simialer levels and the same style of gameplay.
The one thing that lets this game down is the control system which is incredibly hard to get use to.
Call of duty and Medal of Honor have created a suitable FPS control system for the PSP, something that Brothers in Arms doess't take advantage of. The controls are very tricky making the game painfully difficult in places.
I certainly prefer Medal of Honor Heroes 1 & 2 and Call of Duty Roads to Victory.
on 11 December 2015
have not completed this game but what i have played of it has been good. there was a small glitch on one of the levels but just restarted level and
kept playing.
on 4 April 2013
i was a bit dissapointed at first but, the game really got interesting and drew me in, the levels are good and realistic.
on 21 December 2013
This is an excellent product with a quality service, and I would one hundred percent recommend this item to everyone.
on 7 May 2015
Arrived quickly and safely. It is in good condition and is all that it claims to be.
on 15 July 2016
The game was in a brilliant Condition.
I was very happy with my Purchase.
on 17 September 2015
Good game. But not age restriction before buying for children