Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Colour: Almond|Change

on 22 October 2012
I actually bought this casserole dish in a Le Creuset Outlet Store but had to tell Amazon customers how wonderful it is.
You need to take a little time to bring it to temperature but after that the world is your oyster. I've used it to fry, stir fry, stew etc etc, even make top crust pies, make the filling in the dish then chucking on a pastry lid. Once hot it keeps the heat for ages so is economical as a lower hob/ oven temperature will keep it at a working level. One tip I generally make my casseroles for consumption the following day (better flavour) if I need to reheat straight from the fridge I put the the casserole in the unheated oven then bring to working heat, the enamel will love you for it. I calculate my cooking time from when the oven reaches temp. as normal. I own just two Le creuset casseroles, one of which I've had for almost 20 years, and they are by far the most used of all my pots and pans.
I have both the 26cm and 30 cm shallow casserole dishes. As you would expect from Le Creuset, they are easy to use on both the hob and in the oven (or both, depending on the recipe you use them for). As you would also expect of cast iron (enamelled interior), they are also fairly weighty when full.

The 26cm casserole is just about the right size to comfortably prepare a meal for two without the contents being in danger of spilling out if stirred on the hob. The 30cm is large enough to comfortably hold a meal for four. The 26cm fits nicely inside the 30cm, sitting on the lid of the former and thus the pair do not use up an awful lot of cupboard space, which is always a boon.

Cleaning is a breeze, they come up like new in the dishwasher or when washed by hand.

Mine both had sticky labels on the base; I mention this only because I remembered to remove one but not the second - the smoke alarm and a smell of chemical burning alerted me to my omission when the dish in question was otherwise happily cooking on the hob. Oops! Anyway, even the burnt label came off cleanly, so no harm done.
on 4 February 2009
Wish I had invested in Le Creuset years ago as they are the best cooking pots around. I now have a selection and although I own stainless steel too, my loyalty remains with Le Creuset. The shallow buffet is extremely versatile, it has more depth than a frying pan and can be used in the oven as well as on top. I even found it great for slow cooking and it holds a fair amount of food and with the frying pan of the same size, you will find the buffet lid fits perfectly. A great buy, and a good price at the time I bought it. Like that one useful knife in the kitchen it is used daily. I would certainly recommend this item and it's good looking too!
on 6 June 2012
This is my 2nd Le Crueset purchase (I already have the 20cm casserole). This is fab, its great for use as a frying pan (bacon, steaks, browning meat) but equally as good for casseroles, chillis and spag bol. Its great for hob to oven use. If you are only going to purchase 1 Le crueset then get this as its versatile and you wouldnt need much else.
item was delievered (supersave del for free) superquick by courier, a week earlier than expected and was packaged very well.
10/10
on 4 October 2007
'SHALLOW CASSEROLE' (aka the 'BUFFET CASSEROLE'), from Le Creuset.

COLOUR : TEAL (aka CARIBBEAN)
MATERIAL : CAST IRON, with BLACK phenolic knob.
SIZE : 26 cm
Approximate maximum capacity : 2L

Sturdily boxed, complete with full CAST IRON use & care instruction leaflet.

Suitable for any hob-top or pop it in the oven, even under the grill to brown off. Well designed lifting handles.
Relatively easy to wash up by hand although it can require a bit of soaking and a rub with a plastic brush...for those more stubborn cooked-on food remains.
Dishwasher safe.

An old favourite of mine. The shallow but wide base of this particular casserole, makes it a preference for a number of recipes and my current favourite is 'Made-Up Tuscan Sausage Stew', from Fay's Family Food, a true comfort recipe for warming up at Hallowe'en or Bonfire Night, just around the corner (at the time of writing).

Available in a variety of other colours, and in a larger 30 cm/3.2L size:

ooOoo

EDIT:

Now also available in a NEW SIZE ~ the handy 22 cm
on 17 April 2011
I saw Jamie Oliver using this shallow casserole on TV and wanted one - I love my other Le Creuset pans and this one looked so versatile. It was expensive but it has been a great buy. I probably use it every other day, it works as a casserole and as a frying pan and looks great on the table. I am eying up the smaller one for when I am cooking for just two of us. Strongly Recommended.
on 13 December 2014
What a fantastic casserole pot! Like most people said, it's a fabulous, heavy duty, quality pan. I like to heat it slowly on medium heat so when I brown meats it creates a beautiful golden crust with no burning whatsoever. I use it mostly for slow braises. A big 3 inch slab of chuck steak, browned to perfection and then braised in wine and stock for a couple of hours, with the usual aromatics, is unbeatable. I also use it to cook paella, one pot mini roasts with vegetables, shepherd's pie, steaks & sauce, curries, stews, I even bake bread in it to create a flat but airy bread reminiscent of the Moroccan Khobz! Keep the lid on so the moisture from the dough creates a lovely steam in the pot which results in a gorgeous crust! Since I started using le creuset pots I never use serving dishes, they go straight from the oven to the table. This casserole is so versatile, you definitely get your money's worth. It's also beautiful to look at, the coastal blue is just stunning. A lot of other brighter colours, although fun, are a bit much for me. Almond and coastal blue are my favourites and would never date. A great investment and great addition to my dozen other Le Creuset and Staub pieces. I may have a problem :)
on 25 July 2011
I bought this Le Creuset casserole dish for mothers day for my mum, who has been wanting one for a long time now, but couldn't afford it. It was a good price when bought, and came quickly. I went for the smaller size because I had read they can be quite heavy and my mother has joint problems so thought it was best. I know she has used it quite a lot, and finds it cooks great and when full she can just about manage to lift it, so anyone without joint problems should find the smaller size fine! My father noted it was also really easy to clean too! I have been wanting Le Creuset deep casserole dishes for ages so might save up and buy myself one after the good commemnts from my mother!
on 10 January 2010
These pots are absolutely brilliant - I have had mine for years and it is used every week. Bought this smaller one for my sister-in-law. If you are a family, go for the bigger one.
Expensive, but well worth it. Mine is 7 years old and still going strong!
on 10 July 2011
Like most people who have bought Le Creuset I'm delighted with this casserole dish. I've used it on the hob for risotto, stewed meat in the oven, I've even used the base to roast chicken. Very versatile useful casserole.

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling