Format: DVD|Change

on 17 March 2017
great
on 28 April 2006
These programmes are really cleverly done. There are lots of songs, jokes, and good stories which my children loved. It encourages the children to join in - Dora asks questions - what do I need? can you help me find this? Some characters speak spanish and my daugther picked up some spanish words from watching it. There is lots of counting practice as well. However, the educational content is not overly intrusive. My daughter who is 4, just thinks its really funny. My son who is almost 2 also enjoyed it.
- Pirate Adventure (DVD)
Dora The Explorer seems to be a favorite of most 2-3,year olds. They like her voice, and her openness, and the fact that she includes the children in the film. She asks them questions, and they respond in kind with the answer. Dora also speaks in Spamish, and teaches new words to her audience. This is a very creative method to introduce children to Spamish, and to make this part of the mainstream education.

In this film, Dora has a very big adventure. Diego, and Baby Jaguar set sail with Dora's first musical film filled with singing, playing and lots of action! Dora and her friends put on a musical Pirate Play. Dora needs every child's assistance to sing-along along the way. This is a fun, loud adventure and your children will enjoy it.

Recommended. prisrob 06-04-15
on 2 September 2009
This is my kids favourite Dora DVD. It is longer than the usual episodes with loads of really catchy songs, which I now know off by heart as they have watched it so much. We have quite a few Dora DVDs but this is definitely the most loved and watched. Highly recommended!
on 27 February 2012
My children quite enjoy Dora the Explorer but for some reason this one didn't quite hold their attention. In all honesty I didn't sit through it from start to finish which is quite normal since I'm so busy, however I say let kids be the judges. All I can say is they never asked to see it more than once, on the other hand our other Dora dvds have been played loads of times and always at their request.
on 15 August 2010
My 3 year old daughter has just discovered Dora the Explorer. She enjoys singing along with the songs and is learning to count as well. It is good because she is learning Spanish without even realising it and having fun watching the fun that Dora and her friends have.
on 20 August 2013
Arrived quite promtly but this in the second DVD that has arrived scratched which if fine as it was second hand BUT it will only play some parts and then sticks and jumps and the kids can't watch the rest of the film. Very disappointed would like money refunded.
on 4 March 2012
Bought this as a gift and it was very well received by the youngster. Dora is a popular T.V. character so children love to see their favourites regularly. There is always an educational quality with Dora products.
on 2 July 2012
Both my kids love Dora and this is one of the all time favs. My daughter is now saying some of the spanish words and is using them in the correct context
on 22 February 2014
Bought this DVD for my twin great nephews who love Dora they have had a lot of veiwing time ou of this DVD and we have had a lot of nice peace and quit.