Colour Name: White|Change

on 29 December 2010
Received in good time and condition, the problems began when reading the instructions to slice the plastic down to size. The plastic shatters and makes sizing a real problem, but if like me you take the shatter into consideration you should be able to get past this problem. The product sticks well and after some pressure the item stays well in place.
on 20 January 2010
The brush itself is perfect. It does as it says on the box (polythene).
Only problem I've had is in the cold the adhesive gives and it comes away from the door.
Ended up drilling holes and screwing it to the door.
on 21 December 2012
I bought this one as a temporary draught excluder until decoration completed when something more permanent will be fitted. Whilst it looks perfectly good and is easy to cut and put in place, the adhesion is no better than that found on a post-it-note. So be prepared to use some double sided tape if you wish it to have any chance of remaining in place.
on 31 August 2010
I bought this product some time ago (last year) and have only just installed it. Wish I had installed it last year because it works a treat! However I fitted this to my door using the adhesive backing and while stuck to the door in position I also drilled holes to screw it to the door to make it even more secure.
It has completely stopped a draft that was getting in through the 1.3cm gap under my door! Would recommend but would also advise securing with screws as well as using the self adhesive backing that it comes with.
on 26 April 2013
I'm what people are doing wrong, not letting the solvent dry after cleaning perhaps?? I fixed this to a solid wood door, following the instructions closely. It is stuck to the door very securely, I can't conceive a situation where it would work loose. Functions as a draught excluder exactly as you would expect.
on 18 February 2013
The door brush itself is fine, thus the two stars, but it does *not* stick! I bought this for our living room door,as our floors are hardwood and there is a slight gap which can be draughty. I got home from work and carefully cut the brush to size before cleaning the door and finally applying the brush. It stuck at first but by the end of the night it was starting to come away at the edge closest to the opening. I re-stuck it that evening but I got up the next morning to find the door brush lying on the floor and our kittens playing with it! Even worse, it took chunks of gloss paint off the door when it fell off! I went and got my jar of odd screws and found a couple which would fit - with these in place the door brush holds well and does what it was intended to do. If you do buy this be prepared to use screws to hold it in place.
on 18 December 2013
I purchased this product on the strength of the many positive customer recommendations here on Amazon. However, the product whilst very easy to cut to size and fit falls off in about 30 seconds..!!

This draught strip is designed to fit in such a way that the bristles are under slight tension so they are always in contact with the floor i.e. to make up for fractionate height differences as detailed in the fitting instructions e.g. a tiled floor as in my case. The consequence of fitting correctly is that as you open or close the door its fitted to, the glue isn't strong enough so it just pulls the strip off the door.. Now I followed the instructions to the letter, even cleaning and drying the surface of the door it was to be stuck to in accordance with the instructions, but doesn't stick for very long..

Since buying I noticed another user has left a review saying the glue is no stronger than that of a post-it note and I can completely agree. I'm now going to have to look at alternative methods of securing it the door (possibly a Glue Gun?) and by the way, you cannot simply screw it on as the plastic would shatter - Remember those so called 'shatterproof' rulers from when you where at school in the 70/80's.. it's made of the same stuff which easily cracks and breaks when distorted - as I've found!

Personally, I'd suggest buying something else completely as I cannot recommend this product to anyone, which is quite disappointing for a German product which you'd naturally think might be good or better than other similar products..!
on 4 January 2013
where do i start!. last year i struggled trying to fit other draught excluders by screwing them in and it took me ages. this is the best invention ever as long as your careful when sawing it to size ! hold it with a very tight grip and use none blunted small hack saw .you then just peel back and stick on !! id def buy these again and again and couldnt recommend highly enough.
on 16 November 2013
Good draught excluder ,German made (again) , simple and well made with a sticky "peal off back" with which to attach to the bottom of the door., Fast delivery ,and great for the price , both of mine work well even on cold ,windy days.

..BUT the standard steps to fitting as shown in the accompanying instructions are missing two further but vital steps that need to be taken into account prior to purchase.

Fitting instructions:
1, Measure door ,removing (pulling out) the brush from the extruded plastic track/holding rail

2.Saw plastic rail to correct length (small hack saw req)

3.Trim Brush unit to correct length (brush is held in a fine metal beading ) cutting with pliers is req , this both trims and very effectively clamps/seals the cut end stopping the brush fibers from fraying / falling out.

4.Push brush back into plastic extruded rail ( At this point Glue is req ,hot gun or Araldite etc ) this is not stated in the instructions but with out it the brush sits to loosely in the plastic rail and can move out of the rail sideways over a short period of time as the door opens and closes .

5.Peal and stick the excluder unit onto the (closed) door in the required position , (Again a further step is now required ) The double sided tape although fairly strong will not last over a longer period ,especially if the brush passes over an object that applies friction to the brush such as a carpet/rug or uneven floor surface as the door is opened and closed .
( Once stuck in position small pilot holes will need to be drilled through the flat upper section of the plastic rail and into the door ...once done the rail will need to be screwed to the door with at least 4+ screws (dependent on door size) ...the sticky tape is helpful in holding the rail in the correct position while this is done ...so in some ways it is better than a solely screw on version .

So not quite as simple as it states (The modern, quick, peal and stick world never is quite as good as it sounds )....and with out these further steps the brush will fall off over time or be very annoying ..
But once done as stated they work very well and are nice a sturdy ...
I bought one of these to put on my back door. My husband trimmed it to size, and heeding what other reviewers said, he did this carefully and had no problems. It attached itself to the bottom of the door very easily and proved to be very effective. It definitely cut out the draught. In fact, I was so pleased that I have since bought a second draught excluder to put on another door. This is a very easy and inexpensive way to cut out draughts and hopefully reduce energy bills. I am happy to recommend this product.