Colour Name: White|Change

on 20 November 2012
Needed this item as floor under our internal front door is on a slant. This does the job pretty well although the amount the packaging states as the 'up-down' movement of the brush is not quite right - it moves up and down only by about 5-7mm but that was sufficient. Cutting it down to the correct length caused some issue as the 'spring' inside turned over as I cut through so I had to take it apart to re-align it. Once done with all that though, it works pretty well and no longer have cold air and light coming in under the door and the adhesive seems strong enough to hold for a long time.
on 19 March 2011
When the door is closed the spring is not strong enough to push the brush down to seal an undulating surfaces. To do that requires a fixed brush fitted hard down.

This brush is ideal where the surface under the door edge is linear but the gap between door and floor gets smaller as the door is opened and a fixed brush jams.

It looks well made but the self adhesive may give a problem on some surfaces and after some time and makes it impossible to experiment with the height. However it is possible to fix it with screws carefully positioned to avoid the spring.
on 4 April 2013
I have tried a few brushes and seals to try block out the hurricane that howls under the gap of our front door, and this has been the one that did the trick.
We have an original Victorian style entrance with the patterned tiles, so putting a metal strip down was not an option.
The floor in our entrance went from an uneven gap when the door was closed, and steadily evened out as you opened the door.
Previous products I tried ended up with the brushes getting jammed and ripped out as the door was opened.
This Tesa product was perfect and had no problem adjusting itself as you closed and opened the door.
on 11 January 2011
A simple product that was easy to fit and, bearing in mind that it is only stuck to the door with adhesive, has stayed attached. And the difference, especially through the past very cold weather, has been amazing. I will now look for all the other leaky parts of the house and attempt to fix them too!
on 5 February 2011
This worked after a fashion for a while - I had to push the door open sharply then pull back, then push again to get the spring to work to raise the brush over the floor. But after a month or so, the strain on the adhesive fixing was too great and the door brush fell off. The floor is several mm higher at a point inside the door so that may have been too much for the spring to cope with. Looks like I'll just have to put up with the draught!
on 12 February 2016
It didn't work on my door going over a carpet. I moved it to another door which was ok. The amount of movement is negligible so it makes it expensive for what it is. For the cost - the sticky back is rubbish. Needs to be screwed on. Don't bother buying for carpeted floors.
on 7 April 2014
This is the only solution I sound to fit a brush to a door that rests upon an uneven floor.

It needed a hacksaw to cut to length and was a little fiddly to reinsert that 'mechanism' but once I applied to the door it's stuck and shown no signs of falling off. Very impressed.
on 8 February 2012
Very poor product, seemed to be a good idea, but doesn't go up and down when fitted to door. Glad I didn't buy two.

I used to sell a much better product in the 60's when I worked in Retail D.I.Y., but although the generic name still exists on the Internet (Brydale) the product doesn't. It was a very simple idea which meant the actual door frame pushed the bottom half of the excluder down to the floor and didn't rely on naff bits of wire. I think I'll have to make one.
on 12 March 2013
Super, can't fault it. I had to shorten it to fit the bottom of the door but it was a simple task.
on 8 April 2014
great price, good delivery, this item is just what I wanted, its decription was excellent and the price was right. well done.