on 20 May 2009
My previous mouse mat was just terrible, it was one of those nasty round squishy mats, its size was pathetic and it slid about my desk as if it had roller-blades.

However with the Razer mat the problems simply disappear, its has two sides in which one is for more control, and one for more speed. Both sides have nifty little feet so, no more sliding!

And best of all, the mat is deliberately oversized, so when you are gaming, designing or whatever you like to do with your pc, you wont find yourself constantly adjusting your mouse and mouse mat.

All in all, a very good mat and well worth the money.
on 4 June 2009
really happy with this mouse mat. head shots in cod are no longer a random happy accident. not sure how it compares to other high end gaming mats but its a vast improvement on the one that came free with the computer.
on 16 June 2012
I've tried numerous mouse surfaces (funcpad1030, Steelpad S&S, Ulti-Mat, QPad) over the last ten years or so, and none of them have performed half as well as the eXactMat. Also, crucially, none of them have lasted as well as the eXactMat. After 6 years of use, it's performing just as well as the day I got it.

The mat has two sides, speed (smooth) and control (rough), designed to suit different mousing styles. The feel is very consistent across the mat, and after 6 years of use, there are none of the "flat spots" that can curse plastic mats. Metal mats can be a little cold to use, so bear that in mind, but I've never really found that an issue as the metal itself is relatively thin, and the fact it's aluminium means it warms up pretty quickly. The glide on the mat is very smooth and would suit any style of game (or gamer).

The mat isn't as large as some others, but I'm a relatively high sensitivity player, so that was never any issue. The only thing that could be better are the mat's "feet", which don't grip all that well. An easy work around is to buy some rubberised grip matting (get it from DIY/homeware store) to go under your mat, it'll never slip again.

If my eXactMat ever dies (which I genuinely can't see it doing), then the only mat I'll consider replacing it with is another eXactMat. It's performance has been faultless.
on 28 November 2007
I did not think this mousemat would make any difference to any other mousemat i have had,But it really does,I have the copperhead mouse and after playing COD4 with it my scores have improved dramatically,Its glides across the mat lovely and smoothmand it never moves on whatever surface you put it on thanks to the solid rubber mats on corners of the mat.
It may well be pricey for a mousemat as my fellow reviewers have said but I will add again it is well worth the money.AAA+++
on 25 November 2010
I bought this mouse mat after using the surface of my table for a good 3-4 months. First impressions were great, the 'speed' surface was nice and smooth, and the 'control' surface was rough, and both performed their tasks as described by Razer. I preferred the 'control' side, even though I was more of an FPS gamer. The surface(s) were very, very good to use but after time, both sides of the exactmat became sort of tarnished through use, which affected how well my mouse moved over the surface.

Also, being made of metal this mousemat has worn down the plastic feet on the bottom of 2 mice I have owned since purchasing this product. I would reccommend this to all types of gamers, but be prepared to shell out for a new mouse after about 6 months of use. 2 of the rubber feet on this mousemat also came off relatively quickly, so for the short life of this product it's getting 3 stars.

Pros:
+ nice surface, mouse glides well
+ fairly large size
+ 2 different surface types

Negs:
- expensive for what it is
- won't last for long if you are a regular user
- wears down mouse feet
on 18 November 2009
I bought this mouse surface (to say mat would undersell it) to operate a PC plugged into my living room television. A media centre/gaming PC. I'm a lazy sort of fella who likes to play games lying on the sofa and the operation of mouse and keyboard on the coffee table just doesn't cut the mustard. I chose this after pondering on some kind of tray arrangement but couldn't find anything suitable.

So even if we leave aside what other reviewers have pointed out (the surfaces are brilliant, very sturdy and precise enough for frantic gaming and graphics work) it is just the right size to balance on your knee(s) and operate the mouse with one hand while operating the keyboard that is next to me on the sofa in the other.

Not only is it a great surface by any standard. It is also the La-Z-Boy of mouse accessories. If you can afford it, there is simply no reason not to buy it.
on 10 December 2009
This was the relevation I came to after repeatedly bearing explitives when I pointed, and the pointer didn't move where I wanted it to. I have a Logitech MX610 Wireless Left-hand Laser Mouse (not the best, but the only decent left handed laser mouse I could find) which I have been using on my desk for ages. I play games, develop software and had just accepted that it wasn't brilliant and sometimes erratic, but I could live with it's flaws. That was until I started playing MW2 online and my frustration drove me to seek another solution.

I find the sleeker speed surface suits my general and games use, and that the mouse is just much much more responsive. The movements are yours, so you are not trying to compensate. Adjusting doesn't take long and soon you find that you cannot go back to your old surface.

Thoroughly recommended.
on 7 October 2009
I have a Razer Deathadder mouse which is superb, so it made sense to upgrade my mat also, especially as my old mat was starting to bow in the middle which was causing slight wear to the underside of my mouse. Being that im so impressed with the Razer Deathadder i had high expectations of the Razer Exactmat, and i wasn't dissapointed. There is an amazing feel to it, wether you are gaming or just doing usual PC stuff. It's a very solid constuction and is very satisfying! For example: when i was loosing an online game the other night, i just flipped the mat over to the smoother side and immedietly started to frag the opposition. (yes it has duel surfaces!) This mat basically compliments the already superb performance of the Razer mice. It's a good size too, which is especially important when gaming.
on 2 October 2009
Basicly does what it says on the tin.

Best mouse mat I have ever had thats for sure and probably the only one I will ever use or need.

I use it with a razer mouse and have not had a problem. I occasionaly run out of mouse space but this is only when I do somthing stupid like to trying to fly aircraft.

It is very solid and seems to be scratch resistant. (my car keys tend to get thrown on the desk when I get home, nearly always hitting the mat.)

I use the control side all the time. Nothing wrong with the other side but its a little too smooth for my taste, I prefer a bit of tactile feed back from the surface.

I rated it at 4 stars because I think it is a little pricey for a mat.

Great product, if a little expensive. I highly recommend it for serious gamers.
on 8 January 2011
I have a Logitech wireless mouse which I use professionally with this mat each day.

Positives are the black-coated metal finish, solidity, smooth mouse flow and great control (only on the smoother side).

However.....
after 18months the screen cursor stutters / moves files to incorrect folders etc.

The reason is that the black surface becomes shiny through constant use (possibly black coat wears off).
A few square inches in each corner are largely unaffected; however, the entire main central area of the mat is shiny.
I proved this by holding at angles to a powerful lamp, and also by viewing through a 10x loupe.

Short term use is fine.
Long term use - you will need to replace roughly every 18-24 months depending on use.