Nylabone Dura Chew - Medium, Bacon
Flavour Name: Bacon|Size: Medium|Change
Price:£3.79+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 22 June 2017
Our mini poodle loves this. When she gets nervous (which is when there's someone visiting the house) or when she's hungry, she licks (and scrapes at with teeth and paws) the white goods in the kitchen. This is the best distraction ever and is saving our fridge, dishwasher and washing machine!

This one is about the 4th I've bought for her (she's 2) as she chews one end over the course of a couple of months until it gets all jaggedy and has to be thrown away. She won't swop ends, so I feel bad for binning a half-used toy, but she'll cut her mouth if I don't. Silly doglet!

But for the price, one every 6 months isn't going to break the bank and is a lot cheaper than replacing our kitchen machinery!
on 3 August 2017
My over-sized Jack Russell friend chews through EVERYTHING, so we were very pleased to see how long this is taking him to destroy.
He enjoyed smaller Nylabone chews in the past (which outlived most other toys he had), so I got him an extra large one to give him a bit more of a challenege, which means he spends at least some of the time wedging it against things, and clasping it in his paws to get a good grip, and seems to give him a bit more of a mental work out as well as honing his already expert jaws. He loves it and has a good few sessions on it each day.
on 12 December 2016
Disappointingly not very durable (nor large!).

I bought this reduced to around £7 in the Black Friday Sales, I was a little apprehensive as the only size on sale was the X-Large and there were a lot of warnings about the importance of getting the right size for your dog.
However, my dog is a Cocker Spaniel x Poodle 8 month old puppy weighing 19lbs - far from the bracket advertised for the X-Large size - and she has still managed to destroy the chew within a couple of weeks. I'm prettty disappointed that it was so easy for her (she didn't pay it much attention after all, the material came away within a few hours of giving it to her) to chew up.
I'm also a little confused at why the X-Large is marketed at much larger dogs but was fine for my medium dog and didn't offer her much of a challenge in the way of destroying it!
Surely it should be more durable to be aimed at larger dogs?

My dog did seem to like it and enjoyed carrying it around with her for a couple of days but I don't think paying out the extra money for it to be durable paid off as it really didn't seem to last much longer than the cheap plastic toys I buy from Wilkos. In fact, I bought her a cheap £1.50 rubber tennis-sized ball from Wilkos the same day this arrived and the rubber ball managed to survive a week longer than the Nylabone chew.

As another reviewer pointed out - when this toy is chewed, it gets really sharp and after noticing this and seeing it on other reviews, I have taken the toy off my dog. Had I have taken this off her as soon as it was sharp (I didn't because I assumed it was safe with it being 'durable'), the chew would have been in the bin after a couple of hours but it doesn't look to have damaged her mouth/gums in anyway fortunately.

If anyone can recommend some toys/chews that are Cockerpoo-proof (I really don't know how she's getting through them all so quickly being a smaller dog!) then I'd really appreciate it!
on 21 March 2017
Sorry, my dogs did not like these ..
I don't know where the bacon flavour or smell is !!
They are just lumps of plastic and my dogs were not interested at all ..
They were expensive too and I thought they would have been good for my dogs ..
Unfortunately NO :(
on 30 June 2017
Love Nylabone products. Really good quality and last a long time. I have a female Rottweiler who is 3 and she can chew through anything but she has not made a dent in this. My last Rottweiler had one when he was a puppy and it lasted him until we lost him at nearly 10 years old. Hopefully this lasts just as long as I am sure it will. Recommended.
on 24 February 2017
Not too happy with this my Dobermanns' have chewed and chewed these bones and I think they are ingesting bits of plastic, not recommended, well not for my breed of dog anyway!
The Kong are a better design, just about indestructible and no plastic bits to be ground off.
on 25 January 2018
This is the only chew bone I will give my dogs. It is extremely robust and will give a dog several months of satisfied chewing. The gradual chewing over time just roughens the surface, and no chunks come off like other chews. The subsequent rough surface is good at cleaning the dog’s teeth. With my cockapoo, who loves to chew frequently throughout the day, this wil last 2 or 3 months before I feel it needs replacing,
on 8 September 2016
We have a 3 year old lab, who chews everything in sight!

Normal toys don't last her more than a few minutes before they are destroyed. Treats never last long either, not even rawhide type ones.

I always put organic peanut butter (just peanuts in it - nothing else added) in her large industrial Kong and she loves to lick this and it tends to last a long time.

When I saw this peanut butter flavour Nylabone in a bigger size, I thought it was just what my lab needs.

She loves it, It's lasted a long time, and she loves to have a chew on it.

An excellent Nylabone, in a larger size in an unusual flavour at a good price.
on 13 September 2016
This is a fantastic product. My large breed puppy destroys most toys within a matter of minutes so I'm thrilled to have found something which she seems to really enjoy chewing on and which, after a couple of weeks of daily chew sessions, is still only showing minor marks. It is solid and robust and she hasn't managed to break any bits off yet, despite trying very hard. Unlike some of the other chews that I've bought her, she still seems to like this one as well - often searching it out when she hasn't seen it for a while. The X-Large is a good size for large breed dogs. Apparently it's bacon flavored which I can't comment on but whatever it tastes like, it's got definite dog appeal :)
on 11 July 2016
I have wasted so much money on Kong toys in the last year for my champion Labrador chewing machine, she goes through them in minutes, so I have given up on them now and only buy Nylon chewers. She takes weeks instead of minutes to get through them. The only downside is that after she has had a good old session chewing, she leaves them laying just where I am about to walk, and when you step on them without slippers, its like stepping on a plug - OUCH, I will keep buying them though and maybe one day she will grow weary of chewing - we can only hope.