Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

on 3 April 2007
Like yourself, I too read all the customer reviews before I finally decided to take the plunge and buy a pair of GHD's! I have to honestly say that it is the best money I have spent on a product for myself in a long time! Even my hair dresser was impressed!

The GHD's heat up in a matter of seconds and are so simple to use. I have shoulder length quite thick hair which I clip up and straighten in sections. The whole process takes less than 10 minutes and I am left with soft and shiny hair! I have also found that I dont need to use them everyday as the effect normally lasts until my hair is re-washed. Occassionally I touch up sections which I can include as part of my morning routine before I leave my house for work.

I have been so impressed with my GHD's that I have also bought a couple of GHD hair brushes and now use the GHD Thermal Protector Spray!

I would recommend these to anyone who is thinking about buying them!
99 comments| 892 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 June 2009
Brilliant buy, they r my 3rd pair bought, worth the money as they last for about 3years. Tip. . . dont wrap the lead around them as it damages the wires inside.
22 comments| 193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 January 2016
These were purchased as a present and were fake. PLEASE READ BELOW:

1. Authentic GHD stylers have plugs with reset buttons, like you would find on a hairdryer.
2. genuine GHDstylers have one hole on the cord where it meets the body of the iron.
* One of the fakes I bought had three holes and one didn't have any... so make sure to look!
3. Real GHDstylers (applies to Hot Pink only) have a solid pink cord, the cord does NOT have a black ring where it meets the back of the styler.
4. When I contacted ghd of North America, I was told that North American GHD's do NOT have hollograms at all!
5. genuine ghd stylers are made in KOREA! Not China!
6. genuine GHD stylers will NOT have a hook on the cord to hang up your styler.
7. genuine ghd iv styler have domed screws, not flat headed screws.
8. The GHD styler DVD should have a number code and barcode on the back (compare it to the back of a DVD movie you own, they should look the same on the back). The fake GHD DVD's say DVD R really small on the back of the DVD towards the center, sometimes it is very hard to spot.
9. The booklets that come with the GHD styler should have colored pictures. Some fake GHD stylers have black and white pictures.
10. FOR THE HOT PINK GHD STYLER: The female snap on the bag should have little stars, the fake ones DO NOT. The fake ones have a Chinese company name.
11. If you open up your styler (if all else fails!), a real GHD styler will have two microchips, one on each side by each flat iron plate. The fake ones only have one (if it even works!).
12. genuine GHD stylers have very strong, thick boxes. Fake GHD stylers boxes often come beat up and are slightly smaller.
13. Fake GHD stylers often come with black scuffs on the body of the styler. They are not taken care of very well like a genuine GHD styler.
14. genuine GHD stylers come with two booklets, some fake stylers only have one.
15. CHECK THE BOX AND TAGS! One of the fake GHD stylers that I received had misspellings on the tag! Apparently they don't use spell check.
16. genuine GHD stylers have a date code on the inside of the body of the styler. It should have the year, month, then day.
17. LOOK AT THE BOX: One of the fake GHD stylers that I received (a hot pink one) had two different shades of hot pink on the top of the box.
18. HOT PINK GHD STYLERS should come with a card inside of the wrap and roll bag that says "Thou shalt surrender to pink". A fake GHD won't come with that.
19. Fake GHD stylers often come with the seal loose on the inside of the box. A real GHD should be sealed from the outside.
20. For theghd black stylers, the box should be matte, not shiny.
21.ghd pretty pink should have black writing, not white writing.
22. Real GHD's sensor lights are clear but will flash red when ready to use and make a funny beep. Fake GHD's sometimes do not flash red or are solid red, not clear.
33 comments| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 May 2016
This is a fake. Cheap material and totally unuseful. I want my money back !
on 9 October 2010
Bought these stylers back in February for a present - did have no problems with them until they stopped working a month or so back. Returned them to GHD and were told they were counterfeits. Almost certainly either Amazon or the Marketplace seller have "been had" by the counterfeiter, but if it can happen to Amazon..
11 comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 March 2008
Ive had my GHDs for nearly 5 years, i have heard that people have had problems with them but mine have been faultless! and they've been all around the world with me. 5 years and still working perfect
22 comments| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 April 2011
Purchased for wife two years ago and still going strong . Well worth the extra cost and she still remains impressed. Worth buying a cooling mat.
on 30 June 2010
My wife's mark 3 GHD's stopped working last week after an impressive 6 years of every day use. There was no question in her mind about what their replacements would be so I just ordered the latest model straight away for her. They arrived today 3 days ahead of when Amazon said they would arrive so I can't fault Amazon on that.

However when I got them out of the delivery box I realised the security seal on the box was broken so the item had already been opened; although the item did look to be fine. When she turned them on and ran them through a section of her hair (which may I add is naturally fairly straight and fine) they snagged her hair and got caught. She did a few more sections and the same thing happened, her hair kept getting caught. This never happened with her previous set - needless to say they're going straight back - you don't expect that from something that costs so much. Reading through over reviews it seems I am not the only person that has received item with the security tag already broken.

Fingers crossed hers were a one off - we shall give them another go and order some more - will stick with GHD direct though due to security tag issue and there have been questions raised over whether these are genuine (although I must say they do look genuine to me).

Hope no one else has issues with snagging hair - my wife had a pair of kodo's years ago which did this and she ended up with a fringe an inch shorter than it should be due to her hair breaking so if yours are doing this I would urge you to return them too.
66 comments| 350 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 May 2016
I have no idea what we ever did before the invention of the Ghd. I remember my wife putting her hair on an ironing board, putting it in sections of tin foil and hoping it would lie flat but nope, all she ever ended up getting was wild bush woman hair. Ghd saved her hair, literally, its healthier as she doesn't need to spend hours blow drying it, She just lets it dry naturally and then use the straighter's after. I think the best thing about it though is that you can go to bed and wake up and your hair is still perfectly straight. Some brands claim to do the same job at half the cost, they wont trust me, you will be there for about 6 x longer and wont achieve the same effect. My wife can straighten her shoulder length hair in less than 40 seconds and its perfect!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 December 2008
My previous GHDs were nearly five years old when they went bang and I had to seriously ask myself if I could justify spending the money on a new pair. I wrongly decided that I couldn't and bought another pair of cheaper (though highly rated) straighteners.

It was a mistake, yes they work, yes they do the job - but they take twice the effort and time that my GHDs did.

I've recently bought another pair of GHDs and wish I'd done it before. Silky, sleek and shiny hair with very little effort - worth every penny!
0Comment| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse