• Lita

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 March 2014
I had a copy of this way back when it first came out, I used to pop it into my walkman when I commuted to work on the bus, that was a long time ago now, must have been 17 at the time, now in my early 40's!!

Thought I would download the mp3 version and must say it still sounds good today. I have always liked female fronted rock and Lita is great at delivering hard rockin' tunes.

Highlights for me are: Back to the Cave, Blueberry & Kiss me Deadly, the rest of the album is fine and if you like female fronted rock such as Vixen, Saraya, Phantom Blue etc. then you can't go far wrong with adding a bit of Lita to your collection!

Lita isn't the greatest guitarist or vocalist out there but there is just something about this album that I really like, certainly brings back a few memories from the 80's when Rock ruled the world and Lita Ford used to adorn my bedroom walls. A great add to my collection!

I give it four stars, couldn't quite manage a five but overall a good collection of tunes!
on 17 December 2002
In amongst the proliferation of long-haried Light Metal acts around America in the eighties, the only thing that really stood out about Lita Ford was that she was a woman. Her professed ambition was to be the best female guitarist in the world - the competition must have been pretty poor, as she was no better than average (although the picture of her in Kerrang! wearing no more than said guitar, carefully-postioned, was impressive!).
Lita contains some fairly mediocre songs, with lyrics that just don't seem to work for some reason (Blueberry, Boulevard of Broken Dreams). Kiss Me Deadly is probably the outstanding song, while Close My Eyes forever is not bad, and is at least noteable for being co-written by Ozzy Osbourne, who also duets with Lita on this song.
on 28 March 2004
What an excellent album. Great songs written by great artists.
The Ozzy track is an unbelievable ballet and Cant catch me written by Lemmy (of Motorhead fame) you can tell from the start that this was written by Lemmy, Heavy drums and bass from the start.
Just go out and BUY IT.
on 3 August 2011
the real powerhouse behind the Runaways, had this on cassette since 88 well nothing last for ever apart from the quality of Lita's music. Am saving up for her latest offering unless someone wants to send me it for free.
on 11 April 2015