on 26 April 2017
quick delivery and good film
on 6 February 2004
So often we have to accept less than good offerings from the media. With this film you get it all. I have watched it many times. Every time there is something new. The characters are super. You won't like them all in the first viewing - thats why you'll watch it again! There is a sexy undertone throughout the movie that climaxes wonderfully towards the end. It says on the box - 'A return to the feel-good factor of Claire of the moon - but with 4 times the climatic ending!' Well, take it from someone who knows; It does exactly what it says on the tin!!!
on 14 April 2001
I was pleased to see that this was one of the recommendations that Amazon made for me this time. I am a proud owner of the video already!!! I was very surprised to see that it only had a 1 star rating. I think that this film is very credible as it tells the story of a group of college friends who meet up when a couple in their former group have a baby. Ofcourse there are bits in it that are a little far-fetched. Even the odd character is a bit badly cast. I found that, on the whole, it is a very watchable film, with some super characters (how could you not want to look at Lucy's body?!) I would recommend this film to anyone who wants to watch a funny, sensitve and sexy movie. I even recommended it to straight friends of mine because this is a Lesbian film with some strong characters and even a story line!!! To the person who only gave it a 1 star rating - watch it again!
on 9 April 2006
I can't believe I actually saw this film through to the end... it is badly written, badly acted, has no storyline and is terribly cheesy. I'm just glad I rented it and didn't waste good money buying it. Aviod!
on 21 September 2001
... I have to say at first viewing I was a bit confused, but the second time around it seemed to pull together.
The characters were defensive, sometimes hungry, and the situations were real enough, the denial of your partner in front of a colleague, attraction to someone you do not actually like - just lust after etc, haven't we all benn there at least once? May not be as good as Better than Chocolate but it certainly deserves a fair go.
on 30 April 2006
God what a tedious film, only managed to watch the first 20 minutes and then decided to give up. Certainly not for the intelligent amongst us.
on 19 November 2015
Was a good movie, hated it the first time around but grew to like it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 June 2011
A group of lesbian former university mates meet after many years apart - and decide to all go away for the weekend together.
Old tensions are still just under the surface and it is difficult to leave the roles they've always had in the group.
With such a simple storyline, it is hard work to make it interesting unless it has really good dialogue and acting. Unfortunately, the film suffers from the lack of both. Even if there are some good (political) points made and some truths about the "incestuous" lesbian community, it is no way near enough to save the film.
1.5 stars.
on 13 January 2001
Got the video, unwrapped with excitement, unfortunately that's as far as the excitement got all night. Not quite sure where to start, ....shot like a 1970's TV movie, very dodgy camera work, even dodgier script though. Non of the characters inspired you to stir an fragment of emotion, the two main actresses where past it, and seeing them run around naked into a lake was disturbing! All characters were shallow, no depth and the film is quite simply the worst I've ever seen, even worse than Xanadu! Although you do have to watch the film all the way through, because you can't imagine it getting any worse, and there must be good film in there somewhere....unfortunately I didn't find IT!