Customer reviews

on 13 December 2017
lovely.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 December 2005
Okay, I'll admit, I'm a Doyle completist, so I'm a bit biased, but I think this is one his best works yet. It's filled with heartbreakingly lovely themes and gorgeous orchestrations brimming over with longing, as well as some delightfully wacky pieces for what are, no doubt, broadly comedic scenes.
The final seven minute cue is without doubt the best piece of film score I've heard this year. It's fantastic to hear a score in which the director has given the composer large enough swathes of the film to really create a coherent musical tapestry, instead of many little two minute cues.
Highly recommended, you won't regret buying this one. I can't wait to see the film when it opens in the States in January.