on 19 August 2012
I first watched this film back in the 70's at the cinema with my brother David.. We were very young at the time and we laughed throughout the film. We stayed and watched it again. (you could do that back then).
Anyway back to present day and this film is still as funny as ever!
on 19 January 2009
I watched this film in Italy last week, and the film was still funny without being able to understand a single word.
The funniest scene involves jousting on motorbikes.
on 11 October 2015
Two stock car racers who are equally competitive and can't stand one another are forced to work together when their co-owned dune buggy gets splatted by hoodlums.
It appears the hoodlums are ruining everyone's fun by smashing up the local fun fair, in an attempt to prove that they are the 'most evil bad guys in the world', by erecting a huge skyscraper where the funfair stands..
Of course Ben and Kid (Spencer & Hill), the stock car racers, are having none of it and demand the bad guys give them a new dune buggy or else. But the baddies have no intention of giving in...

This is an absolute classic Hill & Spencer pair up movie. One of the best. Packed with stunts, fights, silly sight gags, slapstick and bad music.
The action and comedy is pretty much what you would expect from these two at the top of their game, with a very inventive brawl in a boxing gym probably being the highlight.
The stunt driving (there's loads!) is provided by Remy Julienne's stunt team, and the opening race is a cracker, with cars jumping over stuff and flying into trees and rivers left, right and centre. With added motorcycle jousting!
As usual there is a scene involving food, where a bar is literally smashed to pieces while the heroes compete to see who can eat the most sausages and drink the most beer..
For bad guys we get Donald Pleasence as an evil carrot nibbling Nazi doctor, and Brit TV regular John Sharp, playing a retarded English mobster!
Topped off by a really naff, Euro 'pap' score by Oliver Onions! Who else!!
High times indeed my friends.. As mad cap family entertainment doesn't come much better than this!
"Hear the roar of the 20th Century!!"

The disc by Paradiso is comparatively good, against what's out there. It's almost widescreen enough but not quite, which you notice during the 'joust' sequence. Overall the picture's quite good for dvd and it's English dubbed. But it still needs a proper restoration job though and there's nothing much in the way of any extras..

5/5
on 20 March 2008
I've never laughed from the very beginning of a movie until the very end of it non-stop like in this movie. I had tears in my eyes and stomach ache !!!!
I still have to find a good quality of this movie ??
on 30 December 2012
My husband remembers these two actors from the seventies. Dated now and corny, but a good laugh. Watched it with him good old fashioned slapstick comedy.
on 17 April 2013
I choose a five star rating because quite simply I couldn't give it a six. Hilarious movie, the pairing of Terence Hill and Bud Spencer is like an Italian version of Laurel and Hardy...well almost! The story line revolves around the duo wanting a replacement dune buggy for the one the gangsters destroyed...cue mayhem, fist fights and motorcycle jousting. Inbetween all this insanity, they still have time to sing in their local choir or should I say Lah, Lah, Lah their way through this little ditty. All in all a very funny film!
on 4 May 2010
this is another of there best and yes it is a very funny laugh out loud film.but then again with those two that we can always get from them. a film that will have your sides splitting and believe me i as many others were on the floor with fits of laughter so if you are a fan like me and you have not seen it then please do and you will be glad you did dont miss it a great laugh and it is well worth the watch again and again and again. this is good clean comedy and family comedy as how comedy should be those two are great and never ever let us down as many others have who only think comedy is all about swear and filth when it is not. the thing with those two in all there films today they are as funny as the first time when they came out and that is said by a true fan of bud spencer and terence hill and there films will not ever be out of date. they are called the hemen and unless you are a true fan that is the only way they will always be funny for all time.
on 27 May 2010
Watched this film, when it was first released in 1974 in the Odeon cinema hall in Glasgow aged 8 with my two older brothers and our best friend.
And it was hilariously funny, so much so I can remember falling off my chair in tears of laughter. Fast forward about thirty years later I thought it would be interesting to see if I would still find this film funny,How disappointed I was with this film. I did not manage to crack a smile never mind a laugh,This film has dated badly and I think its destined for the dusty shelf of nostalgia.
on 4 April 2014
Have got all the bud and Terence films on DVD me my wife and kids watch them all the time really timeless family fun I can recommend to anyone brilliant entertainment A1
on 4 July 2016
We've watched this film a number of times and always have a good laugh. Terence Hill and Bud Spencer make a great duo!