Colour Name: White|Change

on 22 April 2013
I bought this direct from Amazon.co.uk. The splitter is exactly as pictured above, and fits the standard 3.5mm headphones.

It arrived sealed in Belkin packaging and has the quality and sturdy feel that I have come to expect from Belkin products over my past experiences with them.

From what I can tell, the sound quality is not affected at all by using this - my partner and I both use Sony in-ear 'bud' style headphones (the ones Sony usually price at about £35) and neither of us can tell any difference in sound quality when listening to music or watching films on a tablet. I do not know if you'd notice a difference if using a pair of noise cancelling Sennheiser's or something, but hey - we didn't with ours and our headphones probably fit what the majority of casual movie/music listeners have...!!

Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase, particularly for the price! I'm surprised that Amazon do not have any reviews for these yet as they're certainly worth splurging a few quid on, if not more!!!

EDIT/UPDATE: It is now July 2014, over a year after I bought the splitter, and it is still working perfectly. There is still no noticeable difference in sound quality compared to when just using a single set of earphones, there is no crackling or loss of sound if bent at a funny angle, etc. The splitter has spent most of it's life being bashed about in my rucksack when not in use, and it is no worse for wear as a result - still works perfectly. HIGHLY recommended.
on 12 July 2016
Don't buy this product. No matter how i position the jack in my phone "samsung galaxy s6" it wont stay connected to the earphones its just a sloppy connection that moves about.
on 20 June 2016
The jack I received is missing the outer circle which makes it locked in the headphones socket. So it just disconnects freely from the laptop / phone. It's super annoying.
on 5 March 2016
Almost perfect. I would have given this 5 stars if the male plug had been a bit slimmer. Because the barrel diameter of the plug is so great you may have issues plugging it into devices that don't have a lot of space around the jack socket, or that are in cases.

However, I was able to cut a 45 degree chamfer with a craft knife which allowed me to plug it into my device even though it had a quite thick case on it (see photo).

Otherwise, it works perfectly.
review image
on 3 September 2015
This is a very simple but useful bit of cable. It allows you to plug in two sets of headphones into your device so that two people can wear headphones at the same time and listen to the same thing. It works well, and there was no noticeable loss of sound quality (if any at all), and it looks pretty clean and nice, especially with my white iPhone. The sound quality is stereo in both pairs at the same time, and the build quality is great which is what you expect from a good brand name such as Belkin.
on 24 March 2014
Have set up my man cave so that the computer sound and the TV sound can both be played thru the HiFi Aux input. I thought this would be handy so I could leave both items plugged in rather than keep swapping from one to the other. It works however when leads from both sources are plugged in the sound level drops quite substantially and I have to increase the sound on the HiFi. If only 1 item is plugged into the spiltter then it's just like a direct connection but plug in the other and the volume drops considerably. Don't understand why it does that but apart from that it's fine
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 February 2009
I use this splitter on my computer; one output goes to the computer speakers, the other to an infra-red headphone transmitter for when I don't want to disturb others (piano practice, for example).

The leads are quite short, which I wanted otherwise you end up with metres of cable everywhere.

Build quality is exactly what I expect (and demand) from Belkin and these have not disappointed.

Far better than the £1-a-pair rubbish I once bought (from that auction site) which had cables so thin they eventually snapped.
on 6 October 2015
I purchased this item in May 2015. It worked well for about 4 months, but now only works on one channel for each pair of head phones. Well they worked sound quality was fine.

Guess you get what you pay for. This happened to my last headphone splitter and I was hoping the Belkin brand would be reliable.
on 28 October 2015
It appears to do the job, but no way is it Belkin.

The Belkin one is chunkier and shorter, the one shipped (with the black background) is longer and has no markings whatsoever.

I understand why it is sold a Belkin because Belkin have a reputation for quality.

The price is exceptional!!! Delivery fantastic, came very quickly indeed.

But if it is Belkin it is not like any other Belkin make and it is misleading to say it is.
review image review image
on 13 April 2016
This product does what it is meant to do. I don't notice any degradation in sound quality and it is good for listening to something on a train or bus with your travelling companion. The cable is very short, which is, as it should be.