on 26 February 2016
Daughter loves this but there are some annoyances with it.
Build quality is good. It's robust and chunky. The footbed is solid and flashes well when the lights are on. The footbed however has hard square corners that hurt a lot, might sand them round.
The folding mechanism is very strong and locks very well but my 5 year old daughter cannot do it herself. This is not a ptoblem as I will do it for her. The break rattles like mad on concrete so have mnanaged to stuff some fleece between it and the footbed. Dreadfully loud sound.
Have had to oil the wheels a few times and it makes a huge difference. I just use a can of 3 in 1 oil and the bearings roll for ever with a hand spin. You can tell when they need a spray as a hand spin will barely turn the wheels. 3 in 1 oil only costs £2-£3 a can so no problem.
This will last for years, I'm confident of that as it is very well made. The flashing lights won't. Kids love to scoot through puddles. This confuses the lights and they cannot be turned off on wet days, here in Wales that's most days. We don't care as the lights are never used now the novelty has worn off.
Really good value for money. Just remember to look after it, give it a service as it is used by kids on public roads and pavements. Keep them safe, it only takes 5 minutes.
on 3 September 2016
Brought two of these back in June for my girls birthday and one of them has broken already (now Sept so only three month's ago) the front wheel has snapped off from the the steering arm at the bottom.. looks as thou the metal it is made from can not with stand the weight when being ridden by my four year old.. very disappointed with this product.. Can't seem to get in touch with the seller.. please help me..
on 29 November 2011
We wanted a present for a 4 year old girl to be sent to Italy. We were surprised when it arrived, just packed in the manufacturers box, which was strong but depicted exactly what was inside! No surprise possible and no one pinched it on it's travels!
It was easy to assemble and easy to fold up so it became very portable. It was well made and stronger than any scooter we had seen in the shops in Italy. The footplate lights up (AA batteries) and was not at all naff, just a series of pretty colours! A child could easily switch the lights on or off. Just the right size for a 3 or 4 year old girl.
on 29 April 2016
Really disappointed, battery compartment has come loose and won't say on after only one use. Daughter has been very upset her flashing scooter now doesn't work.
on 21 August 2016
Got this delivered Yesterday, I give Amazon 100% for the service, I can't think of anything negative to say. My niece loves it, she does not want to get off the scooter. She also loves the lights. Excellent service & product.
on 6 February 2011
Your typical scooter. Just cheaper!
Well made & robust. Very pretty too.
There are two wheels at the back to aid stabilty. Doesn't look babyish either so will be good for older kids too. The double wheel converts into a single wheel with little trouble (looks like).
Cheap as chips & seems to punch above its price range.
The flashing deck doesn't auto swith off so will eat batteries if your kids forget to switch it off.
Really good value, far better than I expected.
Highly reccomended!
on 15 September 2011
Abit noisy outside; the wheels are plastic, I would've much preferred rubber. You can put batteries in for lights, its a nice colour as I love the metalic look with the pink, so not babyish and it has 2 wheels at the back for steadiness so little ones can gain better control and even better go scooting with their older brothers/ sisters. I saw a little boy at the park with the blue version and saw everybody with scooters at the park so scooting is the trend
on 11 October 2013
My granddaughter will love this scooter when she opens it on Christmas morning. She found the box with the
scooter in on my spare bed. I told her it was for next doors grandchildren. (Blisters on my tongue. ) I know this as her face was quite sad. My daughter and I put the scooter together and it was fantastic looked good also.
on 22 November 2016
Well made. Very sturdy. Lights are nice and bright. My daughter loves using this to and from school, and showing it off to her friends!
on 24 October 2015
Its a good scooter the fact that it flashes is of course the best part so my daughter tells me. The one thing I'm not very happy with is that the handles wobble and rattle inside where they fit and where u take them out to fold them up very annoying!