on 28 February 2010
I frequently recommend this to parents with newborns and babies up to 4/5 mths to both prevent and treat flat head syndrome. Excellent product. One word of advice, ensure the pillow is tucked under the crib sheet to comply with current cot death advice. Also avoid any memory foam products as they may cause overheating. Also look at the 'Sleep curve' mattress, another curved product that protects the shape of the babies head.
Emma Wightman
Registered Osteopath
on 21 December 2010
Wow, this was a superb buy & i would totally reccommend this to all. My daughter who is 5 months old was starting to develop a flat head spot from lying on her back and since using this product within a matter of weeks i have noticed a incredible difference. You can no longer see her flat spot & she also looks so much more comfortable. She has used this product when sitting in her pushchair for support and when lying down & when in car seat also. I make sure that she is always supervised when using this product though in case she is sick & there is limited movement as she cannot roll over onto her side and can only move her head from side to side when lying on this pillow as she is still so little. I would certainly reccommend this product. Fantastic value for money.
on 21 October 2008
This was an excellent purchase. My little one tends to sleep on the right side of her head. I was worried. This little pillow encourages her to sleep on the back of her and reduces the risk of flat head. We have been using it since she was about 7 weeks, which is an ideal time.
on 27 April 2009
Not quite sure why this is being reviewed as a toy, hence the low marks on some areas. However this is fab and it has really worked. our baby had started to get a bit flat on one side of her head and after using this pillow along with hv's advice her head has now rounded off again. really good and worth the money.
on 29 March 2010
we've been using this since birth, prevents flat head, helps keep baby on her back, easily washable and dries quickly. great product, still using it at 14 weeks.
on 28 August 2010
This is a good product and we found it has made a difference to our son slight development of flat head before he became mobile,it's an ideal tool to help lessen pressure and encourage a more rounded development of the back of the head. Secondly its real aid in teaching a natural head sleeping position as infants are going to keep moving to a favoured side as soon a your asleep and not repositioning them.We used a sling or carried our son as much as possible so were very disappointed when we noticed the slight flattening on one side due to sleeping position so this was an ideal product to use for bed time,we'll use from day one the next time if we're lucky enough to have another baby.
on 23 May 2011
This pillow has certainly kept my son from developing a flatter head, however I don't really see much improvement after using for a month. All in all I'm pleased he seems comfortable on it and if I had started using it earlier than 2 months old I think it would have prevented his head flattening.
on 4 August 2010
I bought this pillow for my 3 month old daughter as she was getting a very flat head at the back. She's now just over 4 months old and her head shape has definitely improved. I'm not sure whether this is entirely to do with the pillow as she spends more time on her tummy now but I think it has helped too
on 16 November 2011
My 3 month-old son sleeps turning his head on the left and he has developed a bit of flat "patches" on the left and on the back. I previously used Lilla Kuddis pilow which is a complete crap, excuse my french. However, I have just recently received the Lovenest Head Support and yet to see how it is going to help to correct my baby's scull. So far, the design is poor in reality, it looks much better on the picture. That's why I rate it as 1 star and if in the future I see the improvements I am glad to update my review. The hole is not really deep as some people described it here. The baby can easily move the head - which is exactly I didn't want him to do.
on 2 August 2012
I have been using this product with my baby girl since I spotted her head flattening at the back since 8 weeks old, and have been happy with it. I deliberated on whether to let her sleep on it at night, as I was unsure it was safe what with UK guidance not to use a pillow, but I desperately want to do something to try and improve her definitely strangely shaped head and I think it has been working. She sleeps fine on it although it does sometimes bend her ears a little when she turns her head, although this doesn't seem to bother her too much. However I recently came across this article regarding the dangers of sleep positioners that I want to share with people:

*************
"Mothercare and Tesco pull baby sleep positioners from shelves after U.S. warns they are 'too dangerous to use'"
[...]
*************

If I had read this article before purchasing this pillow I definitely wouldn't have bought it, but after having used it for three weeks and seeing the improvement it's a difficult decision. I think I will continue use for just a little while longer, as with the experience of two previous children I think that while still only very little, dressed in a baby sleeping bag and snug in a moses basket the chances of her being able to turn over into a dangerous position are currently pretty remote. However as advised in the instructions, the moment she is slightly more mobile I will stop using. I think in summary, just use (very) responsibly!

(extra note, we use the lilla kuddis baby pillow during the day, this is also very good and looks a bit less silly when out and about, but I'm not certain it's quite as good as this device)