on 18 January 2006
I have tried a lot of fitness DVD's and this one is by far the best. Rather than the usual tired old cardio workout, this DVD features sets of exercises that you can do using cans of food, weights, and/or your own body weight. But do not be fooled - these exercises still give you a cardio workout too. They are so intense you will be huffing and puffing in no time. The strength exercises are easy to do but extremely productive and interesting - there are sections for shoulders, arms, back, bum, legs and stomach. You can either do the whole workout at once or choose to do just one section. The instructions are clear and if you do this regularly you will notice a dramatic difference.
The other benefit is that these exercises suit any level of fitness - you can use heavier weights as you improve, or do less reps if you are tired.
Resistance training is one of the best ways to lose weight, as it increases the amount of lean tissue in your body, which in turn burns more calories, even when you are at rest. So if you want to get into shape I would highly recommend it.
And if you DO want to jump around there is a dance section too.
on 3 March 2006
I am really enjoying this workout. This is for you if you like doing toning exercises, e.g. bicep curls,tricep kickbacks, shoulder presses with weights, squats,lunges, etc. It does get my heart rate up (my fitness is medium) but it's not a cardio workout. You won't like it if you're looking for a cardio workout with jumping about etc. (although there is a separate section with dance routine, but it's just learning a routine for one track, so it's not very challenging fitness-wise). The only two things that disappointed me were that there are no leg stretches during the warm-up (I add my own) and that the core stability section is quite short. This is where they do back extensions, plank and side plank. Could have more tummy exercises. But it is good and I can recommend it! (Also, I find it strange that it is Debra and not the trainer who give safety tips on technique - he doesn't seem too interested! but the tips are there if you are a beginner).
on 13 August 2009
The work out it is great and i loved doing it. However to me it felt like the trainer wanted to be there he didn't even look at the Screen once and he only spoke to Debra as if it were just him and her in the room which i found a little strange and it put me off a little.(Great work out apart from that little factor.)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 31 January 2006
I think this fitness dvd is fantastic. its amazing how you can do so much without feeling worn out. i would reccomend this level of fitness to anyone, beginners or experts. sometimes i feel like only doing a few sections, but its amazing- they are so good you tell yourself "just one more" but before you realise it you have done the lot! this dvd is a pleasure to do and learning the extra dance section is a good laugh to do with your mates! well done debra and adam. A++++++++++
on 24 January 2006
I usually do yoga and i wanted a change. This dvd is one of the best i have found. Every exercise is explained very clearly and you can really feel the burn. there are no fancy gimmicks just good old-fashioned exercise routines. i like the fact that you can use cans instead of weights. this dvd works every part of your body and gives you a good all round workout. I would definitely recommned this to anyone.
on 19 January 2006
I love this fitness DVD. You can either take a full workout or break it down into different sections to focus on one area at a time. The fitness instructor Adam explains each exercise clear and concisely and makes the whole routine easy to follow.
I'm not one for 'celeb fitness' dvd's as a rule but this one is enjoyable and means you can build up a sweat in the comfort of your own home....with no annoying celeb babbling on in the background.
Well worth it!
on 29 February 2008
This was well worth the money that i paid for this DVD (£2.88) as it gives you an all over toning workout. As it was so cheap i thought it would be rubbish but it is quite good and different to most of the other around. This DVD lasts about 1hr and 10mins which i do prefer ones that are a bit shorter and have some cardio in them. I will use this DVD along side my others for days when i really don't feel like jumping around doing cardio. Debra and the instructor are not annoying in anyway and they both explain what you are meant to be doing very well so it is easy to follow. I think i will use this DVD for some time before i get obored with it. It also makes sure that you stretch after each set of exercises and includes some which i have never seen before. One of the reviews said that it doesn't have a stomach section but it does have a short section on it! Well worth buying if you only want to tone up.
on 17 January 2006
Hi! I bought the Debra Stephenson workout DVD just after xmas as I'd gained a few holiday pounds I wanted to shift. I bought her's because I was really shocked to see how much weight she'd lost when I saw her on an episode of corrie.
The programme itself is not aerobic. Theres no jumping around, learning silly routines that make you get all confused and frustrated. I'm not a big keep fitter to be honest and the warm up alone made my face bright red, nevertheless, I persued with it and found it to be a really good programme. You do; arms, bums, legs but no stomach!!!! I was really surprised that there wasn't a stomach section. By the end of it you can certainly feel the burn. The next day I felt really tight and sore; it even hurt to go up the stairs. However, I am determind to persue it until it doesn't hurt anymore!
on 14 March 2006
Just finished this workout for the first time. It is very good, but there is very little on the tummy, I think there should have been a section on it.
Instead of using weights, they use tins of spaghetti and rice pudding, this is a very good idea because not a lot of people have weights around the house. If you have laminate flooring, you really need a mat or something to work on, otherwise it could get painful. I also felt that shoes should be worn.
All in all a very good workout dvd and highly recommended.
on 29 July 2008
I am sure Debra is a lovely person and a great actress - but workout queen she aint. If watching paint dry makes you feel energetic this is the video for you but if you need some upbeat motivation to get you moving DO NOT BUY THIS dvd. Sorry Debs but the music is terrible to work out to aswell, it is admirable that she wrote it herself but 'jack of all trades' springs to mind.