on 27 February 2012
I got the computer back in 2006, it has a P5N32-E SLI Plus motherboard - the original memory was 2x1GB of the same make and model - CM2X1024-6400, XMS6405v5.1, 800Mhz, but with 5-5-5-12 timing. A few months back (with the original memory from '06) it suddenly started to play up; crashing and blue screening I gave up trying to figure out what was wrong with it and it gathered dust for a while.

I came back to the problem the other week. Determined to get it fixed I managed to catch one of the BSD "IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" on my camera phone and Google it on my laptop. The advice was it might be a faulty memory module and to shut down and pull individual memory strips and start up and see if that improved the situation. It worked on the first attempt, it started working OK but with 1GB of memory. I then tried different combinations of memory and slots - to check it wasn't a flook, contamination - dust/fluff, a broken socket or miss-seated memory and confirmed it was one faulty module. Not impressed as back in `06 this memory was really expensive!

Nice surprise when I checked out the memory part number on amazon it was still available (if with a slightly different timing of 5-5-5-18). So I ordered a pair to at least replace the existing memory completely should the new strips not get on with the remaining working memory.

When I got it as anticipated my original working 1GB 5-5-5-12 strip doesn't seem to get on with these two new 5-5-5-18 so it was back down to 2GB. But its working fine with the two new memory strips installed. I'm contemplating buying another two to bring it up to 4GB as 32bit Windows 7 Ultimate can cope with that.
on 23 July 2011
unfortunetly after i'd installed this ram in my motherboard i started having pc freezes and ramdom reboots. checked the ram with memtest86+ a ram checking software and it found a few errors. proberbly just unlucky to get a faulty module as corsair is normaly great ram but still have to give it only 1 star coz i had to rma it for a refund.
on 4 November 2010
The HP hardware diagnostics tool on my computer detected an error at bank 1 of the RAM. There had previously been occasional crashes, on one occasion followed by the computer not recognising my password when logging on. This was purchased as a replacement rather than an upgrade. Other than there being a hard drive and wires partly obstructing the location of the RAM, it was nevertheless easy to remove the old component and replace it with this one. On start-up, the computer worked as it should and has continued to do so for a couple of weekes without any hitches. I have only used one of the units. The other remains in the packaging should I need to replace one of the other RAM modules in the future.

Almost three years later and still going strong - touch wood!
on 6 November 2009
Good performace, great speeds. No complaints. Heat sinks keep the memory cool; cool componets = better performance.

Just be sure to check compatability - buying RAM can be tricky unless you know what your doing. Also bear in mind that the heat sinks can make installing these a little more difficult, as space can be a problem. Don't let this put you off though!
on 27 September 2010
Good memory, never had any problems with this variety, but just one thing, always make sure you're ordering the right type. This is not quite what I wanted because I failed to notice that it didn't have quite the right code!! My fault entirely, the memory works well though...
on 4 September 2013
Easy to install and now my computer does not slow down, stop, freeze or need to be rebooted.
I will not have to replace the motherboard yet and I would recommend this upgrade without hesitation.
on 12 October 2011
Great buy, easy to install, plug into memory slots and go. Bought to increase RAM. Has increased speed, no lockups/hanging of pc. Very satisfied with my purchase. Arrived within 3 days of dispatch.
on 23 July 2014
excellent hardware paried with my 2x4gb xms2's cant fault them if your looking for power in your ram without spending a absolute fortune go for these as iv had no problems AT ALL

Chris
on 8 April 2011
Brought to replace my 2GB Crucial Blasstix, instantly marked improvement in system stability and load times. Really good value for money too. All hail Corsair!!
on 1 December 2009
if you are looking for a good cheep DDR2 memory then this is what u should get. 2 gig of this is perfect for a first build and it Well worth the money