Customer reviews

The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants [DVD] [2006]
Format: DVD|Change

on 23 June 2017
Not the usual genre of film for me... wanted something easy viewing and feel good, so gave 'Sisterhood' a try! I really enjoyed the story...and actually felt a little teary at the end.
Don't be put off by the 'chick flick' or 'aimed at teenage girls' label many of the reviewers give this film!
on 8 May 2011
This isn't the type of film I would buy, but I am a Blake Lively fan so i thought I would check out some films she had previously done before Gossip Girl, and this came up. After reading the very good reviews I thought I would give it a go and brought it. After watching it I was slightly disapointed, I think I had higher expectations, It wasn't bad but just wasn't entertaining enough and didn't leave me with the feeling that I wanted to watch it again. However, It did cover alot of excitements/problems of teenage life using completely different characters which was pleasent and I can see it would be perfect for any girl under 16. I can see it being perfect for a girly sleepover.
on 23 July 2017
This is a really sweet film. Very fluffy, with a pretty cheesy script at times. But its well acted and covers some painful subjects. Definitely one to watch when you want something sweet and undemanding....just like kittens.
on 23 June 2017
Not what I expected - much better. Nice story.
on 31 August 2017
Great DVD it's so fun to watch and I love it
on 7 June 2017
Really good
on 11 June 2017
Great movie
on 1 September 2017
Best movie ever have watched this movie ten times!!
on 31 May 2017
Great.
on 23 December 2005
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is sort of a teen chick flick, but I still wanted to see it. I have a few sensitive bones in my body, I still feel like a teenager in many ways, I'm a sucker for sentimental notions, and, man oh man, that Alexis Bledel sure is pretty. And the film has Amber "Joan of Arcadia" Tamblyn in it, too. I certainly wasn't going to let a little thing like testosterone keep me from enjoying this film.
This is basically a story about four best friends spending a summer apart and doing a lot of growing up in the process. Oh, it's also about a pair of magical jeans. Don't get hung up on that, though; if there's one thing this book isn't, it's silly. It is instead a very rich and meaningful film about each character's maturation and growing understanding of the important things in life. This is not to say these girls are all ready to put away girlish things; the summer changes each of them, but they're still normal, healthy young people with their whole lives ahead of them – but they will be better able to appreciate the ups and downs their futures surely hold.
The girls themselves, lifelong friends, are very different. Lena (Alexis Bledel) is shy and reserved, Carmen (America Ferrera) is down-to-earth but a little bit of an outsider, Tibby (Amber Tamblyn) is rather negative and rebellious, and Bridget (Blake Lively) is a boy-crazy blonde who looks and acts 25. On their last day together before parting ways for the summer, the girls discover an amazing pair of jeans that impossibly fits each of their very different bodies perfectly. The only logical explanation is a magical one, so the girls vow to share the jeans over the summer and report back on the great strokes of luck the jeans will surely bring them. Lena gets them first because she is on her way across the world to Greece to stay with her grandparents. From there they go back to Tibby, who is stuck at home working on a documentary in betweens shifts at a retail store. Then they're off to Carmen in South Carolina, whose visit with her dad turns in to quite an ordeal. Last up is Bridget, who is attending a soccer camp south of the border. Each girl expects something wonderful to happen once she slips on the special jeans. Instead, the jeans seem to do more harm than good.
Lena meets a young man who expands her horizons and begins to free of her inhibitions, only to be told to stay away from him. Tibby finds herself saddled with a younger girl named Bailey (Jenna Boyd) who insinuates herself right into her whole documentary project. Carmen feels like a total outsider around her dad and the new family he is about to marry into, and Bridget's shameless pursuit of an older boy ends up opening deep hurts she has tried to pretend don't exist. So much for the magic jeans – but let's not be so hasty. Seeds have been sown, and each girl eventually does experience a bit of magic that transforms them and, in the end, brings them closer together.
This is a story of laughter, tears, and emotional growth. The film offers up many poignant moments, especially in terms of Tibby's summer experience, and it does a marvelous job of transitioning from one story to the next. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is just a real winner, a marvelously impressive film that speaks not only to teenaged girls but to all of us who allow the movie into our hearts and minds. It deals with some pretty major themes in both straightforward and effectively subtle ways, and all of the girls turn in wonderful performances. Forget about the magical jeans (they're just a metaphor, you know); this movie is all about real life, friendship, and growing up. Anyone with a heart should be touched in some way by this film. I for one loved it.