on 14 February 2012
The oil works perfectly and smells nice but I get the same excellent shaving results from using olive oil from a cooking spray and I don't need to be as stingy with the olive oil as I do with this (this bottle is tiny!).
on 2 June 2014
Although I was initially put off by the cost this is a wonderful product. It transformed shaving from a chore to a pleasure. And I have found that a very little goes a long way. Although it is possible to shave using this product only, without form, in fact this is great when travelling. When used as pre-form lubricant. It makes the shave close but really comfortable. I find my face much less irrupted than I used to and the shave is better (closer).
on 14 July 2013
Really the best thing about using shaving oils - and this is the best of them; better than King Of Shaves Kinexium Advanced Shaving Oil 20ml, although I did used to highly rate Somerset Shaving Oil - is that you can shave in the shower, at the end when your face is wet and the skin is softened. It makes for such an easy shave you don't even need to use a mirror.

For the record, these days I use a Merkur Futur Brushed Steel Razor, mostly use Feather blades and generally cut against the grain of the hairs, but over the years I have used all sorts of rubbish. King of Shaves works with anything - provided the blade isn't too blunt, and then nothing will help you.
on 17 May 2013
I have tried King of Shaves several times and this one in particular. Usually because I have been given them as gifts. I cannot feel any difference at all using this product other than a stinging sensation for half an hour which is not there when I do not use any oil. I am stuck as to what it is achieving. Shave smoother? = No. Closer shave? = No. Skin feels better? = No.
on 5 May 2013
I use this shaving oil ALONGSIDE my usual shaving foam, applying the oil first and then applying the foam on top, as I can't see how the oil would be substantial enough on it's own.

Although I am using it with shaving foam, I have noticed a remarkable difference in my shave compared to before when I used foam but no oil. My razor glides a lot easier, I get a much closer shave, and I have had NO razor bumps or rash since using the oil - a problem I had before. I also have only had 1 cut since using the oil.

To sum up, this oil is way better than I could have ever expected and I will definitely be stocking up on it!
PS - It also smells quite nice too!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 May 2014
Are you kidding me? Expensive rubbish - you're certainly going to need a lot more than a few drops for a decent shave. I couldn't honestly say it was up to the mark as I bought it with the intention of preventing razor burn which it clearly didn't do judging by the amount of spots now present.
on 17 October 2013
MY FATHER WANTED THIS PRODUCT AND COULD NOT FIND IT INSTORE ANYWHERE, I TREATED HIM TO THIS AND AS HE HAD TRIED IT YEARS AGO HE WAS DELIGHTED AND WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO EVERYONE WHO SHAVES
on 12 April 2013
This oil is good for what it is. I have never used shaving oil before so decided to try it. Only once, never again. Just not for me. I will stay with normal gel or foam.
on 21 November 2012
Disappointed with this product as when it arrived it had leaked and only a small amount was left in the bottle. The seal should have been checked prior to dispatch.
on 8 January 2014
This is good product from a well know brand. But it only got three stars from me as its more then double the price then what you would pay at most supermarkets.