Customer reviews

So far this has proven to be an excellent buy. You do need to measure your stride at first but that wasn't much hassle - take ten steps, measure, divide by ten! Done! The machine can be set to measure steps or distance (miles or kilometres) and it's really easy to reset of a morning - one button.
It's small - sits on your waistband without being noticeable either in size or weight. One problem - if you have a bit of a tummy (Ok ok I admit to more than a bit of a tummy! Why else would I buy a pedometer?!) and you bend over - say to tie your trainers ready for your walk - then you might find your tummy knocks it off your waistband. Or maybe that's just me!
Anyway - solved that issue by clipping it to my pocket... tummy isn't that big!
I like this - cheap and does the job.
VINE VOICEon 9 March 2012
reliable, robust and esy to use. having tried several types, i wanted one that would not easily re-set itself if i accidentally leant on it, and this one does the job. i have since accidentally put it through a full wash cycle and tumble dry and it still works fine!! i'm impressed, definitely value for money.
on 29 January 2011
Seems accurate so I like it, but once it did reset to 0 luckily I knew how many steps I had as I had only just been looking at it, had I not it would be very annoying. However good pedometers are very hard to come by and I am quite impressed with this one.
on 7 February 2011
This pedometer is very easy to use with clear instructions to follow for setup. It is easy to change modes. The display is clear and precise. The clip keeps falling off my waistband so I use a safety pin to secure it.
on 10 March 2011
I walked the same route 3 times and the counter ranged from 480 to 940. I had it on my belt horizontally as advised. I think the problem is that if you walk smoothly as I do then there isn't sufficient jerk in your step to register. However to walk heavily is very uncomfortable for some so you need to consider this when purchasing.
on 14 May 2009
At first the pedometer was very complicated to set up (you have to measure the lenght of your stride for it to work how far you walk)
The clip on the back isnt very strong or well made as it fell off and I lost it!
I guess you get what you pay for.
11 Comment| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2012
the pedometer has a very poor clip so falls off frequently, resets itself at random, doesn't have accurate readings, starts at a stride length of 12 inches which is great except for my stride length is 9inches (not blessed with long legs obviously). it's not fit for purpose. don't waste your money, if they were giving it away free i'd politely decline! on the plus side . . . it's easy to set up :) Sportline 340 Step / Distance Pedometer I gave this 1 star because Amazon won't let you review without giving it a star rating
on 22 May 2010
This is an excellent product, it counts your steps and distance in miles or kilometers. Very light and the pendulum feature means you can have it on all day and it will just count your steps when you move again. Perhaps only draw back is it doesnt give you calories burnt but it is quite robust and would recommend this product to anyone...very easy to use!
on 6 May 2010
great easy to use, accurate water proof dropped mine done loo and it still works
on 2 February 2011
Bought this for my wife who wanted a simple pedometer to measure her daily steps. The price was good, but the pedometer clip was not good enough to hold the unit on in normal daily use - we found it squashed in a car park a couple of days after losing it.
If you want a pedometer for measuring a normal walk or run it's probably good enough, but if you're looking for one to wear all day and stay on when you're bending and crouching, I'd go for the 345 model. Although much bulkier (unnecessarily so in my opinion) its clip is much stronger.