on 16 May 2015
BOUGHT THIS FOR 1 SONG " WHEN YOU ASK ABOUT LOVE " AKA " DON'T CRY ON MY SHOULDER " AND THERE ISN'T A BAD SONG ON IT . FOR THE £3 PRICE TAG IT'S A BARGAIN . I TAKE IT ALL THE BAND MEMBERS SING BECAUSE AS I SAID BEFORE IT'S A GR8 CD .
1 OF THE SINGERS EVEN SOUNDS LIKE " BUDDY BILL GASK FROM SHOWADDYWADDY .
WORTH HAVING IN ANY CD COLLECTION .
on 12 September 2017
part of the rockabilly revival brilliant.
on 26 May 2017
Some very well know tracks on here but several unknown to me and they're not my taste, but still good to have some upbeat old time music in the collection.
on 1 December 2007
Buy this cd.Good stuff from a good band.Don't know where the earlier reviewer is getting his information from,but Matchbox and Shakin Stevens (especially with the sunsets) were not regarded as joke bands.Anything but.Both were in the vanguard of the British rockabilly movement.Graham Fenton,the lead singer with Matchbox has a history way back to playing with Gene Vincent.Real rockin cats.
on 7 August 2014
I vaguely remembered Matchbox from when I was a kid. I remember it being regarded as a bit uncool to like them in favour of then more modern outlook bands. I came onto Amazon looking for other artists however this popped up in the 3 for 10 section. After a bit more browsing it ended up in my final selection so why not? I am not one bit disappointed. There's a couple of songs I recognise from days gone by & others growing on me with every play. This is rockabilly as it should sound, I can't stop listening to it. The tunes are so good & the lyrics tend to be a bit better than a lot of the endless rockabilly love songs from the 50s/60s. I like many genres of music & like to have a little something from each one. I welcome Matchbox, albeit a bit late, to my collection.
#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 100 REVIEWERon 3 April 2009
Between 1979 and 1982, Matchbox (not to be confused with Matchbox 20, a completely different and unrelated outfit), had eight entries in the UK pop chats, though the last three were very minor hits. Seven of those eight hits occupy the first seven tracks of this budget compilation. Oddly, the missing track is one of their top twenty hits, a medley of Over the rainbow / You belong to me. Their only top ten hit, When you ask about love, was a cover of a Crickets song that peaked at number four, but Rockabilly rebel and Midnite dynamos both made the top twenty, while Buzz buzz a diddle it (a cover of a Freddy Cannon song) just missed the top twenty.

I used to have four albums by Matchbox, but got rid of them as part of a mass clear-out in the early nineties. I can't remember those albums in detail, but I do remember that I liked their covers of Lord Mr Ford (Jerry Reed) and Setting the woods on fire (Hank Williams), neither of which made this compilation, although their cover of Heartaches by the number (Guy Mitchell), which I also remember fondly, is here along with some other great tracks including Love is going out of fashion.

As far as I know, this is the only compilation of Matchbox's music ever released on CD, but let's be thankful for small mercies. Perhaps the lack of choice is because most of their material comprised cover versions, and there are plenty of compilations of original rockabilly music out there. Nevertheless, for those who remember Matchbox (and who may have got into rockabilly because of their music), this is a most welcome reminder of their achievements.
on 16 February 2008
Matchbox is Britains premier 80's Rockabilly hit makers, and ROCKABILLY REBEL remains one of the greatest rockabilly songs to come out of the decade. All the hits are here a great value C-D for anyone who loves Rock n' Roll and Rockabilly music. The original hit making line up are still performing today check them out you won't be dissapointed.
on 14 September 2015
bought mainly for the midnight dynomos as i had a few other singles from matchbox but not this one
glad i bought it as the other tracks are good would recomened
on 3 March 2015
GREAT COMPILATION , BUT ONLY REALLY KNOW THE MAIN ONES SO CANNOT COMPLAIN, WORTH IT TO ME FOR THE ONES I DO KNOW .SO GOOD FOR THAT REASON
on 8 November 2016
Cant play it as the sound is completely distorted, might be a poor pressing that i was sent but either way it was a waste of money.