Customer reviews

on 7 October 2017
Great vocals
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 September 2006
Warning: This product contains highest quality southern soul music. Contents may offend people allergic to fine vocals sung over real instruments.

Every effort has been made to make this music fresh and listenable throughout. Hamilton takes only the finest tunes and moulds them into breathtaking songs from ballads to reggae(Everybody)whilst retaining that southern flavour that music has mourned for for too long!Flavours of Wonder, Withers, Womack, Green have blended into an extraordinary mix.

100% prime S-O-U-L guaranteed or your money back (joke!!!)
22 Comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 February 2006
Anthony Hamilton has been a consistent artist who has a loyal fan base that continue to buy his seductive, introspective albums from this man with an old soul voice with such familiarity and comfort. This album weaves gospel and old soul together effortlessly that would make it hard to believe was an album released in 2005 - particularly after a year otherwise dominated by crunk music, Usher, Mariah Carey, and remastering of tracks by 2Pac and the Notorious BIG. The album is not just 'sunday music' but is a truely pleasurable listening experience that conjours up images of bbqs with friends around and yet earthy sophistication. In comparison to his previous album, this one appears to be more indept lyrically with tracks like "Pass Me Over" and "Preacher's Daughter" but are nicely balanced out by tracks like "Southern Stuff" and "Sista Big Bones" which is a personal favourite!
I would strongly urge people to buy this album or atleast get a listen in somewhere as it is passionate but laidback and is a reminder of what music should be when all this gloss about bling, 'makin that paper', and rims is waded through.
I would give it four and a half stars but this isnt possible!
Best Tracks 1) Pass Me Over 2) Sista Big Bones 3) Can't Let Go 4) Southern Stuff 5) Everybody (a brilliant reggaestyle album - this is THE bbq track)
on 16 February 2006
When I first heard AH's vocals on Twista's rap rendition of Bill Withers "Lovely Day", he held my interest. Then I was given some tracks from previous albums and it was a pleasure to hear real soul for a refreshing change. My copy of his "sophmore" album arrived yesterday and I've been playing it since last night and have to say I'm hooked from tracks 6-12 and also the other tracks are ok but love the lyrics from 6-12. Sista Big Bones is one for all plus size women out there, a nice classy anthem. Never Love Again is smooth, easy and holds the attention of the question from a man's point of view, again a refreshing change from us ladies asking the eternal question "How could I ever love again?!! Anthony is a nice easy relaxed guy which is reflected in his music. I hear John Legend in some of his vocal twists, his influences cited as Bobby Womack and Bill Withers are on the money. Look forward to him coming to the UK some day.
on 15 June 2006
This guy is sooo amazing.. To come with a third album so soon after the second one, and to be of such a high standard, is genius.. Every song is great. The slow jams on this album is HIGH QUALITY.. laawd hav mercy on my soul! lol.. just beautiful, sweet, moving, warm melodic music!! hmm hmm hmm! lol... its hard to pick favourites, so i'll go by the ones that grabbed me the minute i heard them...

- WHERE DID IT GO WRONG? (luv that intoxicating beat! and that chorus! wow! i like how the beat reflects the lyrics)
- AINT NOBODY WORRYING
- THE TRUTH (wot an absolutely beautiful song! from the lyrics to the melody! :)
- EVERYBODY (wat a tune! never thought reggae wud work with anthony, but WOW. lets jus say that song took me by great surprise :D in a good way. big tune! :)
- CHANGE THE WORLD (another class song!)
- NEVER LOVE AGAIN (u can FEEL this song. the way he sings it, its like i'v gone past just listening 2 it. i'm feeling it!!.. a singer that can convey feeling in2 their singing is always a great 1 2 me)

anyway, jus go and buy it!! if u like his 1st album, u will luv this one!! :D.. one important thing anythony possesses that some otha artists dont, is CONSISTENCY!!....
on 30 December 2005
Ain't Nobody Worryin' contains the genius that is Anthony Hamilton. The soulful tracks he produces are a return to past generations. This album will finally give Anthony Hamilton the recognition he deserves for this rare talent. Ain't Nobody Worryin'is itself arguably the best song on the album but others such as Pass Me Over, Never Love Again and The Truth are memorable too, a very good album.
on 14 February 2006
...and it sounds lovely. 'Comin from where I'm From' is still his best album, I think, but he's got such a beautiful, rich soul voice that it's like having warm chocolate poured into your ears ! Treat yourself; there are one or two duff tracks, but his sweet voice almost makes you want to let him off.
on 1 April 2006
I didn't think he would surpass Comin' from where I'm comin' from - but Anthony Hamilton has. For me I have to go back a long long way to think of a soul record as good as this. It maybe takes a few listens for the groove to sink in - but then it's like the great track three says, I can't let go.
on 30 January 2006
i bought this album on the way home from work, i'm back now and just listening to track 12, up to this point every thing i've heard has made me smile! this is good quality soul music & so very very good, purchase and enjoy.
VINE VOICEon 25 January 2006
This has to be The Soul Album of 2006!!! Yeah I know the year has just begun! But wow! New year and blessed with an amazing new album from the man people have been sleeping on for far too long! Anthony Hamilton has a vocal style that is true old new soul! I loved the last albums, but this one I have had on constant play since christmas. From the opening track'Where did it go Wrong?' Anthony blesses us with real Soul music of the new Millenium! A must have for all!!!