Customer reviews

Dawson's Creek: The Complete Collection [DVD] [2006]
Format: DVD|Change

on 9 January 2017
This literally is my childhood & these kind of shows can never really be recreated these days. I genuinely think that after watching this as a teenager - it had a fundamental way in my outlook on life. The innocence of the 90s is magical. One of the DVD's was a bit rough though but otherwise Capesides amazing..
on 9 June 2017
Groundbreaking TV show that paved the way for so much more. So much fun watching it all again. Genuinely shocked at how much this show got away with for its time. Made with real heart and sometimes with a tongue-in-cheek charm, it still stands up today, with some of its inventive creators having gone on to make cool shows like The Walking Dead and Californication.
on 9 October 2017
Good
on 27 May 2017
One of the DVDs was already scratched and so I missed a section of one episode.
on 5 October 2017
I really enjoyed this complete series.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 April 2008
i was lucky enough to get this box set for 29.99 - what a great deal

i have never seen dawsons creek before and i have no idea why people are complaining about the music - maybe it isn't the original but the soundtrack is fantastic all the same. I could watch it for the music alone but the storyline is brilliant

Not necessarily for teens either as i am in my mid-thirties but like young stuff

anyway my best purchase for a long time
on 7 February 2008
I saw the box set in WHSmith a few weekends ago and thought nope that is too expensive, however much i loved DC it was a bit much £70! Got home and checked out the internet prices and saw £35, oh my god! Bargainous! The box set is fantastic, i'm now in my mid 20's and i watched this through my teens (and after!) and it was so good watching the episodes right from the beginning again. I had not seen the series since it was on tv the first time all those years ago and it was fantastic revisiting the series.

I would recommend this box set to anyone and the finale still brings tears to my eyes however many times i watch it!

BUY!!!
on 11 April 2015
Great!
on 1 January 2009
Dawson's Creek is for anyone from the ages of 13 to mid 30's it has a great cast, its 1 of those series that once you watch one episode you want to watch back to back, then you find its 3am and your suppose to be up in 2 hours time for school/work (i have done this many of time with this programme)

The title of my review basically is a core issue throughout the 6 seasons but it is a funny line in the very last episode (very well written).

Season 1 - Introduces the 4 main characters - Dawson Leery - (James Van Der Beek) Naive, innocent, perfect family - wants to be a film maker. Joey Potter (Katie Holmes) - The girl from the wrong side of the Creek, the tomboy, the saracastic one, the brunette. Pacey Witter (Joshua Jackson - Becomes very yummy, girls!) - the sidekick, jack the lad, the joker. Jen Lindley (Michelle Williams) - The Spanner in the works, The blonde, The bad girl from New York. Season 1 the ups and downs of teenage life, going through school, going through puberty, the changing of dynamics of friendships, love and dealing with sexual tension. - gets you hooked from the very start. My Fav Episode - Beauty Contest (one to watch)

Season 2 - Introduces another 2 core characters which complete this very good TV prog - Andie McPhee - the bubbley one, the up and go girl, the one you cant say no to. Jack McPhee - Kerr Smith (who is also yummy) - the adorable one, but turns out to be gay. Known for the being Andie's Older Bro, - Later becomes much an important part to Series. - Season 2 more changing of dynamics - the dealings of first loves and losts and relationships. My Fav Episode - Last one of the season.

Season 3 - is all about life changing relationships, friendships being jeprodised and decisions being made which will keep you all hooked to your screens, - one main decision being made which you want to happen, but in some parts you are not sure if this is going to be the case! - this season is my favourite, there are so many episodes that are so good and soo well written.

Season 4 - is all based around the consquences of season 3, the rebuilding of relationships, heartache of teenage relationships and finding new friendships. - No fav episode all very good

Season 5 - they all gone off to college, new atmospheres, new surroundings, one life altering situation - introduction of audrey (great addition to the cast) and of course Chad michael murray plays the fit smooth talking player, which yes girls you do see his body and him standing in only his boxers lol (hmm) - bit disappointed with the finale

Season 6 - really the follow on with season 5 - the finale episode is really good, set in 5 years in the future, all the endings have a final close, but in turn is really sad aswell makes me cry.

All in All very hooking tv series, wants you to watch over and over again.

NOTE: AMAZON IS ADVERTISING COMPLETE BOX SET AND SEASON FINALE RECOMMENDED TO BUY, THERE IS NO NEED TO BUY BOTH, AS THE SEASON FINALE IS IN THE BOXSET
on 3 July 2009
First of all I would like to point out that I am Dutch. Even though the specifics said this DVD didn't have subtitles in Dutch (which didn't bother me).... they do!
It has English, French, German and Dutch subs, so that's a huge plus.

It has every episode ever made, so I can't say much about that. If you loved watching Dawson and his friends when you were a teenager yourself.. it's still great to watch now that you've matured (I'm 25).
I guess the only thing that is a minus for me is that there aren't really extra or special features. Sure, at least one episode per season has audio commentary, but there are no interviews or behind-the-scenes features.
I bought it while it as on sale, so it is definitely worth the money, but I would not have bought it for the full price, not without special features.

Ah, now to have breakfast and watch season 4...