on 7 November 2010
I like drawing.

Like others, I started reading reviews of the various styluses available and wasn't too encouraged by what I read. However, the reviews for this stylus were glowing ...and I can see why.

Common annoyances with OTHER styluses:

* sponge tip
* deformed tip after prolonged use
* excessive pressure required to get response
* contact only when stylus at 90 degrees (perpendicular) to pad

I guarantee the BoxWave suffers from none of these quirks. It behaves like a standard pen and registers with the iPad with the softest of touches at any angle. The tip itself is like the tip of a deflated balloon or washing up glove: the tactile response is perfect. It even comes with a handy plastic insert that fits the iPad's earphone socket for storage.

One thing that has utterly surprised me is that I now use the stylus for my every day typing (I'm typing this with it now) rather than my finger[s].

If this thing came in a tin, it would do exactly what the tin said. However, it doesn't, so you'll have to take my, and others', word on it.

This thing is essential and competitively priced. It's 5/5 by numerous reviews for a reason, folks.
33 Comments| 203 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 October 2010
Bought this to use with a drawing programme. Good quality and clips nicely to the Ipad folder cover if you have one. It really is an easy replacement for using your finger but much more accurate. The biggest bonus is it does not leave fingerprints. Its also useful in playing games. You can find that in games where you have to keep your finger pressed on the screen, it can become slightly sticky due to moisture from the heat of the screen. The stylus negates this and can offer much better control. Lastly its brilliant in any typ eof drawing app. Very pleased with mine so far.
on 22 September 2010
After much searching through reviews and mixed opinions about lots of the options out there I eventually discovered this consistently well reviewed stylus that seemed (as of Sep 2010) to be almost impossible to get hold of in the UK. However, I got hold of one and it works really well.

In response to the criticisms I've seen of other options out there, the build quality of this is high. It feels solid and well built as well as looking nicely designed. The end is best described as feeling like a perfectly domed high quality black pencil eraser. It is 11cm long so it is compact but big enough to hold in the hand. There is no need to apply particular pressure when using it, indeed it is perfectly responsive. The only criticism, if there is one, is that the lack of a defined point to the device means that, at first, you don't quite feel certain where it is writing on the screen. However, I believe that it is necessary for these devices to have a broader end because they are attempting to simulate a finger.
on 2 February 2011
I have been a tablet pc user for years and spend all day in meetings writing notes. I bought the Boxwave stylus after reading all the positive reviews to see if I could replace my tablet with my iPad. The result has been exactly what I'd hoped, although the stylus and iPad is different to the tablet pc experience I have found it to be better overall and have fully coverted using the Penultimate app in case you're interested.

Highly recommended and excellent value for money given the huge additional functionality it unlocks on you iPad :-)
on 16 October 2010
The box wave capacitive stylus is ideal for the iPad user. I've tried a few others and was most disappointed - poor quality and non-responsive has been my main gripe. If they do work, they won't last long, but mainly most do not work unless you press really hard on the screen. The ipad with the box wave stylus works as natural as pen and paper. It's built well and sits very naturally in the hand, and hopefully it has the the durability to last a while
on 24 November 2010
Have been using other brands but none were as good as this one. Reaction when making contact with my ipad is positive and doesn't require much pressure. I like that has a small clip which you can plug into the speaker hole so you don't lose it.
on 8 October 2010
Have been searching for a stylus for my iPad to use at University to take notes and annotate lecture notes and journal articles in pdf format. This stylus does just that, brilliantly. It is almost, but not quite, as writing with a pen.
on 16 August 2011
My arm was also twisted by rave reviews and was well happy for first month or so but it soon started to degrade dispite looking after it

real shame

contacted box wave - Mariko BoxWave Customer Service
fobed me of and admited that 3 months was about what they expected

aj
on 27 November 2010
Looked around at a number of potential styli for the iPad (inc the rock bottom priced cheapies) and plumped for this in the end, not wanting to take any chances with my £500+ iPad. Glad I did, this performs faultlessly, bought it primarily for Animation HD but now use it for lots of different things, highly recommended.
on 2 February 2011
I tried cheaper Styluses, but in the end you get what you pay for.

The Boxwave is by far the best that I have used. It glides across the iPad screen very easily.

Very pleased with it indeed.