TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 January 2014
This is a quite watchable British gangster movie, but it's definitely not as good as "Sexy Beast" or even "Layer Cake". Below, more of my impressions, with some limited SPOILERS.

This is the story of a young wannabe gangster named Frankie (Danny Dyer), who has to flee England and go to Spain, where he joins four real, hardened criminals - handsome "Playboy Charlie" (Tamer Hassan), psychopatic Sammy (Geoff Bell) as well as two less important characters, Ronnie and Danny. Those dangerous old timers, known as the "Peckham Four", are wanted in United Kingdom and therefore took refuge in Spain and live mostly from marijuana traffic. With time Frankie becomes a full time member of the gang, which in the meantime switched to the more lucrative cocaine business... He also attracts attention of Sammy's beautiful wife Carly (Georgina Chapman), which makes his life much more interesting - but also threatens his very survival...

This is a quite classical gangster movie, about the rise and fall of a bunch of rather unsavory characters, of which the vilest and the most dangerous is certainly Sammy, a complete psychopath who is quite a fascinating person to watch, as long as he stays safely on the other side of the screen... As promised on the cover the language is particularly strong, even for a gangster movie - on another hand if you expect shootouts like in "Scarface" or "Heat", well, you will be very disappointed...

It is not a bad film, to the contrary, I rather liked it, but other than a couple of real gags and some absolutely surrealistic and irresistible conversations it is nothing special. However the MUSIC in this film is absolutely PHENOMENAL - it is one of the best nostalgia trips into 80s I ever heard on the screen. Just to name some of the artists whose music we can enjoy here - Duran Duran, Blondie, Simple Minds, David Bowie, Talk Talk and of course Frankie Goes to Hollywood...

Bottom line, this is a very honest watch albeit not really something extraordinary. I will keep my DVD and maybe one day I will see it again. Enjoy!
on 1 November 2014
Before anyone has a pop, let me just say you KNOW what you're getting with Danny Dyer, but this is an exception to the rule. This film is brilliant throughout, coupled with the genius casting of Tamer Hassan and directed by Nick Love who also directed them in Football Factory.
Its like a British version of Scarface, with a much lower budget.......but it works! The comedy in it is sub-lime, VERY funny dialogue and a cast of familiar faces from other Brit flicks.
Fantastic soundtrack throughout.
Honestly, this is fantastic!
on 3 May 2015
What's not to absolutely LOVE in this classic movie about a bunch of gangsters hiding out in the South of Spain as they attempt to re-energize their continental criminal careers? I am biased on this one, really, since it is filmed in the place where I have my holiday house (Nerja, Spain) and both myself and my oldest son speak Spanish - we all love it there.

Therefore, here is my advice - if you love Spain, can't get enough of it - great stuff, this will be a 5 star movie for you all the way. If however Spain - and in particular the South of Spain - is not quite your thing - then give this one a quiet pass. :)
on 27 March 2018
Good clear picture and sound quality good also. I have seen this movie many times and each time I watch it again it never fails to make me smile. Great British gangster movie with some all time favourite actors.
on 8 October 2014
Presumably if you are reading this review you like English gangster fiilms. Well you won't be disappointed with The Business. It starts with Danny Dyer giving his bully step dad a belting with a baseball bat. However it is not a particularly violent film unlike Dyer's great film Vendetta. Howeve it is extremely funny and beautifully filmed in the south of Spain.
on 28 May 2017
Great film.
on 29 May 2017
Great
on 6 June 2017
Classic Danny dyer hugely entertaining.
on 31 May 2015
The one Danny Dyer film that is truly good I seen a few of Danny Dyers films he,s a aright actor not the best I seen a few of films and they are aright films but not that great.

The Business is the one of those rare good British gangster film I enjoyed this film very if your a fan of Danny Dyer your love this one.
on 21 May 2017