• Duets

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 January 2008
I love this album!

Ane has a wonderful voice and on this album she sings duets with a lot of other artists. The songs are quiet, with focus on the voices. Very melodic and acoustic. The song "Lift me" which she performs with the rockband Madrugada is alone worth the price of the album. It was a huge hit in Norway in 2007 and it's easy to understand why when you listen to it. I absolutely love this song! Madrugada's singer Sivert Hoeyem has a wonderful, deep voice which works perfectly with Ane Brun's voice. The other songs are also wonderful. She does duets with Tingsek, Syd Matters, Teitur, Lars Bygd'en, Wendy McNeill, Ron Sexsmith, Tobias Froeberg, Ellekari, Liv Widell and Madrugada. I warmly recommend this album!!
on 20 July 2014
'The Opening', featured on her 'Rarities' CD, is not on this album, and I knew that. It was written by Ane for the final episode of Wallander and is a haunting and moving song to accompany Wallander's final journey into the abyss of dementia; it does it so well. She has a unique voice which this song showcases brilliantly. On the strength of this I bought this CD but knew on first listening, as one often does, that I would never play it a second time. It's mood reminded me of the depressing songs on Leonard Cohen's early albums; remember 'Suzanne' ? Yes its a matter of taste of course but for me this CD was sufficiently spirit-lowering, one dimensional and monotonous to have me return it. Praise to Amazon for a prompt refund and am awaiting delivery of the said 'Rarities' CD hoping for better. At least there will be one fantastic song on it.
on 15 November 2014