• Customer reviews

on 12 December 2016
can you please tell me what is going on with BRAUN electric shavers? (mine is now a series 5000) I have been using Braun shavers for more than 20 years (since early nineties). It used to be the best solution for me: no more shaving cuts, perfect shave, low cost as foils and cutters used to last 1 and half years. Now I read that Procter and Gamble bought Gillette (which owns Braun) and things got really bad since this happened. This finally explained why the foils and cutters now last 3-4 months instead of 15-18 months, they are surely at Chinese level quality. This morning my face was full of cuts as again the foil has been broken by the below cutters and there is a 2mm patch where my skin is exposed to the live blades.
2 Questions:
1) If I send you the broken ones, can you replace the foils and cutters with good quality ones or the replacements will be of the same quality?
2) Is Braun addressing and fixing this problem or do I really have to move to Philips or another brand?
3) If Braun is addressing this problem and they are producing normal quality foils and cutters how can I recognise them from the bad quality ones that are sold all over the country?
on 13 November 2015
Like many others, I am shocked at how poor this product is. I have been using Braun shavers for the last 18 years to my greatest satisfaction, but I have noticed that in the last couple of years, I keep having to replace the foil more and more frequently. I bought the last one in August (2015) and started using it mid October. This morning (13th November) it broke and now not working properly, not even mentioning that it leaves cuts in my skin. Less than one month after I changed it!! Seriously P&G, you need to get your act together.
Anyone has a good recommnedation for brands of dry shavers? And please, not Gillette, they are owned by P&G too, so not willing to try.
review image
on 19 January 2015
This product arrived promptly and well packaged.

Despite Braun's claim that the head needs replacing every 18 months between 9-12 is more accurate under normal usage (I consider my usage normal, Grizzly-Adams types may need more often).
I had noticed the performance of my 340-s wet and dry razor to be deteriorating over the last couple of months and when the amber light came on to indicate a change was required (didn't even know the razor had this, really should read the manual at some point!) I wasn't backward in coming forward to buy this.

The result? A much closer and comfortable shave once more, a veritable new lease of life for the razor and much happy shaving ahead!

Top Tip: The amber change light will stay on when you fit the replacement cartridge, just press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds, it will flash a couple of times then reset to off - I didn't know this (again might be in the manual but seriously, who reads the manual for a leccy razor??)
on 8 August 2017
Razor given to me Xmas '14.
Original foil/blade = 15 Month life
First Replacement = 17 month life
Second Replacement = 12 month life
Just ordered thrird replacement from an alternative supplier as second replacement foil/blade appears to have worn much quicker than previous two despite my beard being not especially tough. Awarding (only) 3 stars because: (1) I'm pretty sure instructions indicate average foil/blade life of 18 months - which I have not achieved; and (2) washing liquid and replacement foil/blade costs are accumulating over time and three years down the line, I suspect technology developments meand there may now be an alternative on the market that is harder wearing with lower running costs. More prosaically, if your foil/blade is a year or more old and you have lately found yourself repeatedly "scrubbing" at your face when using your braun - you will find that a new foil/blade will restore as new-type performance.
on 16 March 2017
After owning for 23 weeks and using on average 2-3 times a week, this replacement has lasted around 60 uses-is this to be expected? As you can see in the picture, the side fell off. I have glued back on, so we'll see how long it lasts. The replacement previous to that developed a hole in one of the foils. Overall, these replacements are not of high quality.
review image
on 28 April 2016
This shaver replacement foil was perfect for my Braun series 7 electric shaver.

The original lasted 17 months based on daily use, but got to the point where I looked like I had been a Sweeney Todd customer based on the amount of cuts I was getting by pressing harder for a closer shave. You never really notice it, but as the blade wears down, it takes longer and longer to get a close shave. It was taking a good 10 minutes or so to et a suitable finish, but with a new foil, it really is back to being a quick couple of minutes.

So the new "note to self" is not to spend a small fortune on an expensive electric shaver for a closer shave, only to hold out too long on replacement foils and ruin the whole point of getting the shaver in the first place.
on 4 August 2016
Someone wrote in an earlier review that they didn't realize how worn the shaver head had become until they bought this replacement. I can honestly say I agree 100%. Having done the recommended 18 months then sent for this replacement, I am now back to 1/4 or less of the time I was spending shaving, the proverbial baby's smoothness has returned and lasts 1/2 day longer before the stubble begins to return, in fact I would say it may be even better than the original. The other plus side because it isn't taking as long to shave will be extended battery life, I was beginning to recharge every 10 - 12 days. Highly recommend this replacement (paid Amazon's price), and will be renewing again, but I wont wait 18 months next time, at this price even 12 months only costs approx £1.80p per month - bargain
on 26 July 2015
I was quite pleased with this product at first but after a couple of months use holes appeared in the mesh covering the blades. My husband ended up cutting his face with it. This could have had serious consequences for someone on blood thinning medication. I have now purchased replacement blades from another company and these are fine. If I could have given this product no stars I would have. Total waste of money. They are supposed to last up to 18 months.
on 25 March 2015
Got this item to replace the original cutter on my Braun 340 shaver, after a sharp drop off in shaving performance.

The replacement looked shinier & cheaper than the original, making me wonder if its manufacture has been out-sourced from Germany to China. Also the metal connectors on the underside appeared a little different to the original. But it was in official Braun packaging, printed with the same 32B code as given on my shaver.

Any concerns largely evaporated in use. Whilst the shiny plastic still looks cheap and tacky, contrasting with the quality look of the shaver, the item seems to work normally, with cut quality being 'as new'.

Unfortunately this is still not as good as I used to get from my previous Boots brand electric shavers, so I plan to ditch the Braun brand after this new blade expires, and move over to the Wahl brand (who, I recently discovered, made the Boots branded ones).
on 24 March 2017
My ideal razor! The only "but" is that the cutter blades o0nly last me three months whereas years ago they were made of metal and lasted longer than the hardened plastic of now so I also buy a relCEMENT CUTTER WITH EACH PURCHASE? mIKE pATTON