Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 22 January 2015
Nave been a fan of Braun Shavers now for over 30 years ,and personally don't think they can be beaten for style and durability,
but not sure what's going on with their cutters as for some time now the durability is non existent, Braun claim that they last 18 months
this is a ridiculous claim as the ones I've bought are blunt within 2 weeks ,have bought them from various outlets and contacted Braun
to explain the problem and they just give you the sales spiel .I guess these are now manufactured in china and therefore of inferior quality
on 10 February 2011
The first item received broke after only a few days usage; not very pleasant as it did cut my face! Having used a Braun shaver for some 15 yrs, I have always replaced the foil/cutter every 18 months or so and this was my first experience of a foil breaking (old or new). Amazon were excellent is sending me a replacement item within 24 hrs and that item has performed satisfactorily to date (a couple of weeks usage). However, I have noticed that the foil does not slot on to the head of the shaver as smoothly as all my previous purchases (from a shop). Its removal/fitting is slightly more fiddly than I have previously experienced and so makes cleaning a little trickier. I would probably re-order the item again for convenience, although if I found myself walking past a Braun parts shop, I would opt for the shop purchase, accepting that the price would be higher.
on 2 September 2012
As other reviews have stated, it's clear the product quality has dropped on Braun consumables recently, which is a shame given the quality of the razor they go on to. Might make me look for a new razor, possibly non Braun.
on 29 June 2016
had my shaver for three and a half years now. Braun recommend replacing foil every 18 months but i noticed a significant improvement at 12 months. The replacement price seems to have come down from £30+ to around £20 now so will definitely be replacing annually now.
on 30 December 2015
I used to wet shave but my wife bought me a Braun series 5 razor about 7 years ago and I've been using it ever since. I've bought many of these replacement foil and cutters over the years and they come in varying standards of quality, sometimes lasting only a few weeks before needing replacing again. I often needed to shave twice a day too because it just wasn't getting close at all. By accident I left the charger at home recently and had to buy a basic wet shave kit and it reminded me just how close a shave I could get even with a disposable razor so I've started using that more and more. Don't get me wrong, the shaver is fine, the replacement foil and cutters are often useless though.
on 20 January 2012
I have bought several of these for my Braun razor since purchasing it 6 years ago so I'm not exactly commenting on the item itself which is an unavoidable buy anyway but also worthwhile as it results in having that 'New Razor' feeling.
Having priced this item in my local Boots, in Galway, at 39.99 Euro (yep blah, blah - the costs are higher as Boots have to take into account the extra costs of shipping to Ireland and wages and the rest of the waffle we've all heard from the other UK stores with branches here such as Next, M&S, Monsoon et al), I knew I could easily save a few squids by looking online. A quick browse on the web and, within seconds, Amazon came up trumps yet again.
The package arrived after 3 or 4 days (I'm not too sure how long it took as I wasn't waiting anxiously for it !) in perfect condition.
It's simple guys - buy it from Amazon.
on 10 August 2011
It is Ok, but it is not as good as the original part I had on my shaver. The pattern of foil is a bit different which makes shaving not pleasant and easy compare to original part. The original part had 360 mark on it, but this one, although claimed in listing, doesn't have this mark on it. All in all I would say it's Ok.
on 10 May 2016
Although I think it is a bit of a fiddle that you can no longer easily buy just a foil replacement, without having to also buy the bundled cutting head, this is a good price for a quality product. Over time the foil heads inevitably wear and small holes develop which causes the cutting blades to tear at your skin so replacements have to be bought and this one made my ten year old shaver feel brand new.
on 3 November 2015
The shaver foil and trimmer were authentic Braun products. The price of the two I bought was less than the cost of one on other sites. Delivery did take longer than initially stated as it was shipped from the Far East. However happy with the outcome.
on 1 November 2016
total wrong part for my shaver, I put in Braun 507 this came up as suitable, had to open before I knew it would not fit, so unable to return, would not order again online, Don't bother to order go to a shop