on 26 October 2015
I bought this to boost the reception on my Garmin nuvi 2595 which is just awful. It turns out that they're not compatible which is stated quite clearly on the box but when I bought it, the product page didn't show this and it still doesn't at the time of writing this review. I sent it back (but still don't have a refund).

The product might be brilliant for the models it's compatible with (for other people in the same situation, here's the list: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/shop-by-accessories/antennas/ga-25mcx-remote-gps-antenna-low-profile-/prod1326.html), but I'm less than impressed with the way it's advertised here.
One person found this helpful
on 13 October 2015
Excellent. Bought for my Garmin 660 and 670 which seem to have become less sensitive as firmware gets updated. The car is a Ford Galaxy with heated windscreen. Plugged this in and got immediate improvement, doubled the location accuracy too. Expect would get even better response if put outside the car (magnetic mount). Recommended.
on 6 August 2012
Bought this addition to my Garmin Street pilot GPS after we bought a new car with electric heated front windscreen. The elements in the windscreen block the signal to the GPS when it's mounted on the dashboard, so this is the alternative essential solution, the signal gain on the Antenna is brilliant and since I have installed it, the GPS seems more responsive than it ever was. No more lost signal when in wooded areas or near tall buildings in built up areas, with the increased signal, i get increases the number of satellites received which improves the accuracy. Wish I had bought this a long time ago. Mounting the Antenna is easy as it's strong industrial magnetic mount sticks to the roof like glue, plenty of cable provided. Excellent product!!
on 31 January 2017
the jack didn't fit my RAC sat nav so i tried filing it to fit.
silly me!
on 17 May 2016
Essential piece of kit, mounted on the roof of my Land Rover, connected to my Montana 680t.
on 9 June 2015
Improves the satellite connection on my Garmin Montana when used on a carbon fibre velomobile. Nice long cable.
on 6 August 2012
This was needed to fix a car radio/dvd/gps system, the GPS had not worked for the last 18months.After fitting this unit the system worked a treat, it immediately picked up 9 satellites whilst in my garage, with the antenna mounted on the dash.. Thankyou for an excellent product.
One person found this helpful
on 4 November 2016
Need this to make my 550 work should be free
on 8 May 2012
The antenna fixed my reception problem. Just as well since Garmin had not responded to my query about it; don't the care?
on 22 February 2009
Small neat piece of equipment but routing the wire is a bit fiddly and obtrusive. Needs a longer lead for most cars if you want to run the wire out of site. If you leave it in place it is a bit vulnerable and lets everyone know you have sat nav even if you have removed gps unit.
3 people found this helpful