on 2 March 2016
This is a workhorse of a card from San Disk that is reliable and available at a reasonable price. Boasting a 2 GB capacity, the card is reported at being able to store in the region of five hundred pictures which have been taken on a 12 MP camera. It has Class 4 speed performance rating (based on SD 2.00 Specification), and the cards include security feature for protection of copyrighted data. The cards are fully compatible with SD compliant host devices. SanDisk ‘guarantee’ is the fact that their products are constructed to the highest possible standards and rigorously tested and in addition, the performance of the card is backed by a 5-year limited warranty.

I own several of these cards from the San Disk stable now and of various storage capacities (2 GB, 8 GB and 32 GB). I prefer to download pictures onto my computer from my camera by means of a card reader, this means a lot of moving around of the cards from device to device, they go through a lot of wear and yet to date, I have never had a card failure.

I have no hesitation in recommending their purchase.
on 30 January 2013
I purchased this 2GB Sandisk SD secure memory card to use in my new HP50G calculator, I had spent a bit time looking round locally, but could not find a 2GB card for sale as most retailers stock a 4GB as their smallest SD memory card. The problem with looking around for an anomaly item like this is the fact that you can spend a lot of time and money on expenses looking for something that is just as easily bought on line like this. The problem is with our town at this present moment in time just like a lot of towns at the moment with the recession there are a lot less shops around that used to offer items like this and even in better times most of these shops sold brands that you never have heard of and therefore you had no idea of the quality that you are buying.

As a rule I will only buy Sandisk as I have used the brand for many years and I can honestly say that I have never had a failure or problem with it, the only time I did have a failure with memory was when I needed a memory stick urgently and bought some make from a tech shop, but within a couple of days the stick would not read and on testing it I found it was totally corrupted and had to be replaced. From that day on I have used Sandisk exclusively and have had no problems since.

This is a good quality 2GB SD memory card and well worth the money and at a reasonable price, it was delivered in a couple of days is fully guaranteed for the first year and does what it says on the box, what more can one ask for, highly recommended reliable memory.
on 19 October 2016
I bought this to use in a camera and have never had any issues with it. No error messages, no lost photo's.
I know you can buy memory cards with a lot more storage space on it but I prefer to use multiple smaller capacity cards to ensure that if anything does go wrong I haven't lost lots of photo's.

I bought this in 2009 and it's still working perfectly 7 years later.

Wouldn't hesitate to buy again!
on 22 February 2013
Works perfectly and a great price. The only tip I would give is to check the "lock" slot on the left side; I am such a fool that I thought it was faulty and was about to send it back when my wife pointed out my stupidity and suggested that I slide it to "no locked"; hey presto it worked fine. To be honest, I didn't even realise these cards had lock functions on them, so I can only assume that those I've bought in the passed shipped in the unlock position!
Clearly, this is not a valid criticism of the product, just of my technical ability! Five stars from me because it works perfectly both in camera and in my digitial photo frame.
on 28 September 2013
We bought this as part of our grandson's birthday present; it's a memory card so there is little we can say about it apart from it made his Vtech camera work.
However, it was purchased along with a Vtech camera and case, which is my real area of complaint as there was no option to have all three items delivered together to save on postage and packaging; they came in three separate packages, spread over ten days; this was first to arrive. Made a 'complete' gift after the actual birth date and certainly didn't as a whole arrive by the suggested delivery date, which would have been prior to the birthday not after. The total of the gift was in the region of £50 but with the separate packaging came to over £70!!!! I did email Amazon to query/complain but never had a response.
on 9 January 2011
I've just bought a genie GT-31 GPS and needed a 2GB SD card for it. I went to the usual electrionics superstores (not mentioning any names but they sell a lot of computers). I couldn't believe what they were charging for a basic item such as this.

Then I looked on Amazon and found this item at a quarter of the price! Plus shipping was free. Perfect. N.B. Free shipping isn't always available. It depends which company you buy from as this product is sold by 3rd party not necessarily Amazon.

Delivery was slow but I did order between Christmas and New Year so only to be expected. As for the card it works perfectly so very happy indeed. Highly recommended.
on 9 January 2013
This SD card arrived well packaged in one of those annoying plastic sleeves that are impossible to get into but at least they tend to protect the item well. Once I finally got the card out and plugged into my PC it worked without problem which enabled me to transfer some photos on to it and then use it in a digital photo frame.

To be honest, there is always the chance that a technological product can fail but I haven't had a single problem with this SD card or with any others SanDisk cards I have used.
on 21 November 2015
I use this in my Mega Drive portable console...to store games on. It's not bad...it does the job...read times on this aren't lightning fast but I didn't expect that from an old SD tech card...but excellent for ROM collections or data that doesn't move quite a lot! Not great if you need to read that data quite often...
on 28 October 2016
Have been using SanDisk for camera storage for a number of years. Have found this to be extremely reliable especially as I have been taking it in and out of the camera and it works every time. Good sized storage for the camera saves ample HD pictures. Good value for a reliable product.
on 1 March 2013
I've bought this SD card for my old electronic ECTACO Partner translator because new updated soft required more than 1 GB memory size which I can't install to 1 GB SD card provided with translator. Today 2 GB SD card is not very popular on the market due to it is not quite a big memory size for all modern device, and everybody knows what all modern device support SDHC card (not just SD), and you may not be 100% sure what your old device will recognize SDHC card which has quite bigger memory size than even 4 GB. That is why I've chosen this 2 GB SD card and it is working perfect!

I will recommend this card for some similar device.