Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 July 2017
Daughter loves it
VINE VOICEon 21 July 2011
I am not very keen on this product. It was not quite what I expected. I thought it would be more songs for children with a princess theme but instead it is like listening to the soundtrack of a musical. It might be nice if we could hear products like these before purchasing. Will take it into the nursery but don't think it will be much of a success. I would not recommend this product.
VINE VOICEon 23 December 2007
This CD features 14 original & classic Christmas songs, 13 of which are sung by the original voices of Disney's most beloved animated heroines - Ariel, Jasmine, Mulan and Pocahontas.
The voices of Aurora, Belle, Cinderella & Snow White on this album aren't the originals.

The 14th song on this album has Jim Brickman on the piano and Wayne Brady from WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? U.S.A on vocals, and is called BEAUTIFUL.

Track listing:
1. CHRISTMAS IS COMING - Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Sleeping Beauty & Snow White - 3:37.
This song has Disney film references in it, Jasmine says "its more fun than riding a carpet" etc. A song about the build up to Christmas - 5/5.
2. A HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS - Snow White, Grumpy, Bashful & Doc - 2:10.
This up-tempo song is half spoken - 4/5.
3. I'M GIVING LOVE FOR CHRISTMAS - Cinderella - 2:37.
A song for the cheap skates! Cinderella's mice sing on this song, and they are rather annoying 4/5.
4. CHRISTMAS IN THE OCEAN - Ariel and Sebastian - 3:06.
Upbeat and fun - 5/5.
5. IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR - Cinderella and her mice - 2:54.
A spoken introduction leads into more annoying mice vocals - 3/5.
6. SILVER AND GOLD - Pocahontas - 3.29.
No mentions of Christmas, but still a good song! 3.5/5.
7. HOLIDAYS AT HOME - Belle - 2:32.
My favourite 2 lines in this song - # Where but here at home, could life be quite so kind # and # Holidays at home, that's what Christmas means, to all the lucky ones like me that wont spend Christmas all alone # 5/5.
8. THE HOLLY AND THE IVY: 3:02. Mulan sings this song, although there are no holidays during Christmas in China! 5/5.
9. THE CHRISTMAS WALTZ - Belle - 2:27.
As the title suggests, this is a primarily instrumental number, which sounds like the music on a merry go round! 5/5.
10. ARIEL'S CHRISTMAS ISLAND - Ariel and Sebastian - 2:55. Disney's version of Jimmy Buffet's song Christmas Island. An incredibly catchy song, with a fabulous bridge - 5/5.
11. CHRISTMAS WITH MY PRINCE - Sleeping Beauty - 3:02.
Kim Huber does an excellent vocal impression of Mary Costa's Sleeping Beauty - 4/5.
12. THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS - Snow White, Bashful, Doc & Grumpy - 2:49.
This song has lots of tempo changes, and Snow White is hard to understand - 3/5.
13. THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS - Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty & Snow White - 3:44.
The words to this song are ~
12 tigers purring {Jasmine}
5 emerald rings {Jasmine}
4 story books {Belle}
3 fairy wishes {Sleeping Beauty}
2 glass slippers {Cinderella}
A magical shell of the sea {Ariel}

Unique and very catchy - 5/5.

14. BEAUTIFUL (Christmas Version)- 3:40.
A gorgeous slow song, Mr Brady sounds like a young Peabo Bryson - 100/100.

Disney told the people making this CD - "write songs that these little girls. 20 years later, will be playing for their daughters and they'll remember these songs growing up with fond memories" and I think that is what they've achieved.

If your little girl enjoys the princesses, this will be great to add to her collection, but preview the songs first on a music website to see if you can stand the CD being played 20 times over!

I gave this album a 4 star overall rating, because it doesn't come with song words.

If you yourself like the voice of a particular Disney princess, they've all released albums of non-Disney songs -

Tami Tappan Damiano - Cinderella.

Susan Egan - broadways original Belle {Paige O Hara was Belle in the animated Beauty and the Beast film.}

Judy Kuhn: Pocahontas.

Lea Salonga: Jasmine and Mulan.

Snow White: Melissa Disney.

Jodi Benson: Ariel.

Kim Huber: Sleeping Beauty.

A perfect stocking filler,
utterly fabulous!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 January 2016
I bought this on 2010 trip to “Walt Disney World” as we went to see the Christmas decorations, it had been something I’d always wanted to do. :-)

Personally I love this CD because it’s got different Christmas music on to what we here over in the UK, (I think we all get sick of hearing the usual carols in the shops during the festive season).

There are 13 tracks on this CD plus a bonus track.

Besides the Disney Princesses you also have some of the other Disney characters performing, (the dwarfs and Sebastian).

I love listening to this whilst I’m decorating my trees and the living room, it brings lovely memories back of me being at “Walt Disney World” during the festive season.

I can highly recommend this to Disney fans. :-)
on 9 February 2011
These CDs have been played endlessly with the girls recognising the songs and naming the performers with excitement. Disney Princess Christmas Album and Disney Princess- the Ultimate Song Collection could not have been a better gift for 3 and 6 year old girls. I had hoped they would be traditional Christmas carols but few were carols, and the parents were not familiar with the Disney tunes for some of the classical Christmas songs and still wonder how the girls became so familiar with the CD content. Singing and dancing to the CDs was a wonderful and unexpected activity for the cold wet weather after Christmas - most welcomed by the mother! Disney Princess - the Ultimate Song Collection
on 17 November 2009
My draughter and I had a listen to the album the other day and it really got us in the mood for christmas.
on 24 November 2011
Me and my daughter listen to this album every year, we both love the songs and they always get us dancing and in the mood for christmas. A must have for any little girl at christmas.
on 7 January 2012
daughter loved this, full of Christmas songs ideal for any princess! and worth every penny. Includes all the much loved Disney princess singing along to popular Christmas songs.
on 2 April 2014
a different selection for Christmas. daughter age 4 loved this cd...there was a favourite track which we had to repeat over and over. better than mickey mouse.
on 9 December 2013
happy singalong music makes you feel so chrismassy
my grandaughter loves it and so do i
recommend all princesses to have this !