Customer reviews

Format: Toy|Change

on 24 March 2017
GREAT
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 September 2008
I bought a set of these for our 6 year old for his seventh birthday, and you know the story, the more expensive presents hardly got played with, but these cards I am not surprised that they are not dog eared (pardon the pun).

The cards are quite well made, not flimsy cheap card the printing and pictures excellent. Plus they are quite educational, which also helps, as afterall if the child is having fun playing, they sometimes don't realise just how much knowledge they have gained, but ask a simple question about one of the Dogs a few days later and you will be amazed at just what they have picked up.

They have been played with non-stop, I didn't play these with our daughter the first time they came out, and I have now seen what I have missed out on. Even I have tried to play the game, you should try them!

All we heard in the car on a very long journey were questions about the dogs, these were being asked backwards and forwards, I think I know more about the weights and different breeds of dogs than ever. At least it stops the question of 'are we there yet?' I would glady buy another set of these cards (have noticed that there are different categories) as they really do stop the boredom from setting in, plus you don't need a table or surface, (could cut that time of boredom at the airport departure lounge, or anywhere else there is likely to be a delay).

Great cheap stocking fillers and something that all ages can play, can get the more girlie type categories for girls, or the boyish ones, so basically something for everyone including adults. Useful to have in over the Christmas/summer holidays when people get together maybe of different ages, as age six to teenagers can play happily whilst the adults can talk or whatever.

Also make a great pocket money treat gift, as small children could soon save the amount of the cost of these cards, and get a worthwhile treat that will last for a long time, and for under £4.00 that is not bad.

The first card is the best in my opinion as it is of a Beagle, of which we have one called Scooby and yes Beagles really do have big slobbery tongues.
on 26 December 2013
Each breed is represented by a photo of the puppy taken with a fish eye lens. You can barely recognise most of the breeds. Doesn't teach a thing. And how can you miss out Intelligence as a competing attribute. We own about 15 sets of Top Trumps, and these are the worst. Hoping that someone produces a proper set of Dog Top Trumps soon...
on 30 May 2013
Perfect for keeping my daughter entertained on the ferry crossing to Calais, its a family friendly game which kids enjoy. My youngest has started a collection!
on 20 April 2012
Bought these for my granddaughter who is mad about dogs!
We felt disappointed that the dog pictures on the cards were more cartoon than lovable!!
We did enjoy playing the game but my granddaughter tired of it quite quickly.
This was because she didn't fall in love with the animals on the card like she did with Top Trumps Horses!
Educational in that it teaches children the strength's and weaknesses of different breed's of dog.
on 20 June 2014
Bought as a girlie night in bingo prize, which has to be reasonably priced & fun. This fit the bill perfectly
on 31 October 2013
The game lasted a couple of minutes the first one and then the second one lasted half an hour so it depends on luck. All of the dogs were puppies but didn't have some really famous dogs. I don't think it had a collie but might of. Some of the pictures the dogs were too close to camera but overall a good game of top trumps.
on 3 May 2014
I bought these top trumps cards for my daughter who is obsessed with dogs & puppies! There's just enough information on each card so that you can learn more about each type of dog. The pictures are funny too. I recommend this product. This item arrived on time and in excellent condition.
on 19 March 2013
I bought this solely as a stocking filler for my 3 year old nephew as he's mad about dogs. He liked looking at the pictures but he lost interest quite quickly, however he may enjoy it when he's a bit older & can read.

Worth the money in the right hands though.
on 28 June 2011
My seven year old bought these for himself, as he loves dogs and already has several sets of Top Trumps. Of all the silly things he buys with his pocket money, this is one of only a few that is still being played with months after he bought them.

See one answered question