TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 22 December 2014
I can't say anymore that other have already said. I have been meaning to get this for a while now, every winter I cycle to work or play football and those first 10 minutes where I am shivering my body is screaming out for some warmth but like all exercise I warm up quickly and feel that something like this would get too warm!

How wrong was I. From the off this tight comfortable fitting top not only warms me up straight away but when I get warm it seems to retain the heat without getting any hotter! not only this but it seems to keep the sweat in!

Don't know what kind of sorcery this is but it really does work and feels comfortable too!

Also another mention is I have the short sleeve one in medium but went one bigger for the long sleeve and I find this more comfortable.
One person found this helpful
on 29 October 2013
I bought this UnderArmour Men's Coldgear Mock after extensive research into different options for sailing in cold weather. I started sailing in Ireland in October and wanted to continue sailing into the winter time to gain experience before I move back to warmer climates next year.

After wearing this for a few cold days out, I am glad I bought this. It kept me warm in the cold weather and it has an amazing ability to keep you feeling refreshed even if you start getting hotter. It works really well at wicking any sweat from your body while also maintaining your warmth. I wore this directly under a splash jacket. I noticed that the splash jacket was a little damp on the inside when i took it off so I assume that it pulled the sweat away from my body and pulled it onto the exterior. I wouldn't have even thought I was ever sweating though.

I bought the medium as I wear mediums typically in the US and found the measurements on the website to be closer to US measurements (an equivalent large size in Europe). Upon arrival, I thought this would be too small and was considering a return. I tried it on and it felt a little tight but after pulling up pictures from the website and other sources, the compression tops are meant to be tight fitting which probably helps to hold in the heat better. I probably could have pushed to a large as I feel I am probably in the middle of the two sizes, but at the end of the day, the medium was okay.

I highly recommend this mock and really value the purchase.
on 20 November 2012
For my daily 10 mile cycle to work at half 5 in the morning I wear this product and it does help to keep my vital organs warm and drastically reduce wind chill. It is well lined with a woollen like inner and yet still retains its stretchy capability. I was recommended to get a size bigger than I take and I did, its a perfect fit. Yet I do not rate 5 stars as I cycled through some severe cold for a weekend and the cold gear did not seem to have any effect against wind chill wearing my normal 3 layers of cycling gear, I had to put on a jumper. But its fine underarmour for cold urban environments, but if you plan on cycling through northen Europe, I reccommend a line north face do!
on 23 June 2016
Brilliant for winter sports. Can get too hot pretty easy, I certainly wouldn't use indoors for any kind of sport even in winter. Perfect for winter running, mtb, football, rugby etc. Compressions works well but can ride up if bending over a lot.
on 22 January 2013
Playing rugby during the winter isn't the most pleasent of experiences, especially when temperatures drop. The UnderArmour cold gear clothing is the best I have found to wear at such times and is hardy enough not to rip during rugby training.
In addition to this I took my underarmour clothing on a ski holiday to Slovakia. With just the UnderArmour top on under my ski jacket I was plenty warm enough at -6 degrees.
on 30 November 2012
According to the sizing guidelines I was a large fit so got large. It is a stretchy material and it was was a firm fit, but the sleeve length was good and the shoulder seams fitted correctly. I wore it today for golf at 3 degrees as a base layer, as one of 3 layers, and if anything I was a bit hot.

Having only worn it once I cant say if it will stretch a little with time, but so far yes I am pleased.
on 27 February 2013
Good job, superb delivery from the company absolutely no complaints.

Also - although I hope I am not landing the company in any bother - but like Chain Reaction does, I like it when companies throw in a wee gift with your order.

In this case it was a key ring rugby ball - an do you know what I was looking for just that very thing - no joke !

That's the kind of thing I like !
on 12 April 2013
i love under armour clothing. ever since i started running i have purcased a couple of these tops from various suppliers. as you would expect it's a snug fit and unlike some other brands the sleeves are a good length and not too short. also used for football too.

this was a super price at£21! half the usual price but no doubt due to the lack of range of colours as other colours were £10+ dearer. cold gear DOES keep you warm and DOES draw sweat away from you too.

always on the look out for these at bargain prices.
on 3 January 2017
Best base-layer I have ever had. Only this and a fleeced winter cycle jacket it is enough even at 1 degree.
Long lasting, 5 years of usage, still going strong
on 17 October 2013
The UA top arrived in good time and was well packaged. The product takes a bit of getting used to because it's a sort of clingy lycra type material, ie. a skin. My only advice would be to order in a size bigger than you would normally wear, ie. if normally a medium order a large. A large is not baggy, it simply doesn't strangle you like a medium would.