on 16 April 2016
on 23 February 2015
Amazing arcade clasik if u like arcade clasiks up like this it features paper boy, joust,defender
on 12 December 2014
Brilliant brought back memories
on 5 November 2014
Excellent thank you very much
on 5 February 2014
I love most of these games - they take me back to my youth. They all translate really well on the PSP.
on 26 June 2013
wanted all the retro games on this disc and have a few for the psp now
loving rampage and the like
on 21 October 2009
I bought this thinking it had all the midway classics like primal rage aswell but thats just me. i only really liked the MK games all of them are to old for me and to simple. I think the main problem is that they are purely the arcade vesions, me personally like to have some kind of unlockables and options. Not for the younger gamer realluy
on 24 April 2006
Like the other reviewer, I too bought this game as I used to love defender when I was a lad...(now 35)...I have found it almost impossible to play...initially I thought it was because I was rubbish, but maybe it is just too small a screen to play some of the games. I also found Paperboy difficult to control and the only saving grace is perhaps the Mortal Combat trio...although annoyingly, in the instructions it does not tell you what the key strokes for the power moves are...and after 15 years, I can not remember them...No doubt if I can be bothered, they'll be on the internet somewhere...!!!

All in all, it's OK, but not brilliant and when are we going to see a Retro game that includes Scamble...that's what I want to know...???
VINE VOICEon 9 March 2008
Midway Arcade Treasures contains 21 games from 1980 - 1995. For those who might not be overly familiar with some of the games on here, this is the full list of games included:-

720 - a top-down skateboarding games
Arch Rivals - a tongue-in-cheek basketball game
Championship Sprint - a top-down racing game with tiny visuals
Cyberball 2072 - a futuristic take on American Football
Defender - side-scrolling space shooter and oldest game on here (1980)
Gauntlet - top-down action game
Joust - clue in the title as to what this 1982 game involves
Klax - puzzle game from 1989
Marble Madness - a game of skill where you must direct your marble to the exit
Mortal Kombat - classic 2D beat 'em up from 1992
Mortal Kombat 2 - classic sequel released in 1993
Mortal Kombat 3 - the second sequel in the popular franchise from 1995
Paperboy - deliver papers in this 1985 game whilst avoiding obstacles
Rampage - you play a monster (think King Kong/Godzilla) and must destroy all buildings on the screen
Rampart - classic strategy game from 1991
Sinistar - old space shooter from 1982
Spy Hunter - a classic racing/shoot 'em up hybrid
Toobin' - a water-based game of skill where you guide your character trough checkpoints to earn points
Wizard of Wor - a 1981 shoot 'em up with a somewhat Pacman-esque level design
Xenophobe - a colurful little shoot 'em up which only takes up a third of the screen even in single player (it can be played by up to 3 people)
Xybots - yet another shoot 'em up, this time in pseudo 3D environments

The reason I bought this package was for the Mortal Kombat games, which have been faithfully recreated. They are quite difficult and the number of moves feels a bit limited nowadays but are still very playable games. The emulation has been adequately done - there is the occasional split-second pause on the character select screen but otherwise there are no interruptions once the game has loaded. There are some other very playable games on here too - I particularly like Arch Rivals, Championship Sprint, Rampart, Spy Hunter and Xybots, which are all quite addictive despite their age.

There have been criticms aimed at the controls, load times and emulation quality of retro games on here. I have had no such issues with my copy - no sound or graphical glitches as mentioned in other reviews, no big problems with the controls and only minimal load times. So I feel the criticms are a tad unfair.

Overall, this is a nice retro collection - it's great to finally have all three Mortal Kombat games in one package. There is little in the way of extras though - would have been nice to have some trivia, bonus videos or artwork. The presentation is also minimal which is a bit of shame. But all in all this is an economical package that keeps things simple does what it says on the box - allows you play some old Midway games. It's fairly cheap to purchase if you look around (I only paid £4 for my copy off the high street) so if you can find it for a good price this comes recommended.
on 21 April 2010
A great compilation game, full with classic games from Midway for the Playstaion Portable.
Mortal Kombat Games, Rampage, XiBots, etc.
It's a Must Buy for the Retro Gamers!