Customer reviews

on 4 April 2006
When I ordered this, I just wanted to save for not to order the whole set individually. But when I saw the box, I just figured that I made an excellent deal. The box design is so sexy. I will put in my front desk. A great series in a great box.
on 10 December 2005
I was quite a late convert to alias and have since watched all four series over the past year or so buying each one separately. I wish I would have hung on and bought the box set. Although the packaging is basically the same as the separately available sets just with an extra all encompassing sleeve, you do save money if you buy all at once.
From the start of series one the action doesn't let up, Sydney Bristow is one of the strongest female leads to appear on television for years , all through the four series there are very strong female chararcters I won't digress to give too much of the story away. There are sub plots that run through entire series aswell as plots that cross the entire four series, its rare for a tv show to treat the viewer with enough respect to presume they have seen all the previous shows.
With the succes of "lost" by the same creator, alias has found an increased audience, but if you've seen lost and are an alias fan you must be like myself who cannot stand who slow and drawn out 'lost' is. Alias is just bam bam bam, one great scene after another, with intelligent story lines I couldn't put my finger on one boring episode. The end of season cliffhangers for the most part are jawdropping and inspiring, the great thing about the box set is you don't have to wait for months to see the next one.
The extras are also great on the sets, the bloopers reel are especially a treat whereas on most discs these are predictable and totally unfunny, I think the seriousness of the show makes the outakes all the more amusing.
I defy anyone to watch these series without becoming totally engrossed in the world of Alias, a cult series which does not get the audience it deserves, especially in the UK where it swaps from channel to channel every other series so much that you don't know where your up to. So buy the lot and book a week off work.
on 21 January 2006
I am a huge fan of Alias since the showed aired in the UK and have bought all 4 season boxsets which I have not got bored of and love to watch over again.
Series 1 begins with Sydney Bristow - a spy for SD-6, an organisation she believes to be part of the CIA. When she finds out they are the enemy she thought she was fighting, she goes to the real CIA and becomes a double agent, working undercover at SD-6 to bring them down, going on fantastic missions around the world, all the while trying to lead a normal life and keep her spy work a secret from her best friends who believe she works at a bank.
Throughout the series she learns truths about herself, her father - with whom she has never been close to, her fiancee who is killed in the first episode, and her mother who died when she was a child. Sounds complicated? There are many twists and turns throughout all the 4 series, with unravelling plots which are just incredible. I don't want to give much away as EVERYTHING is linked together in more ways then the viewer knows.
You have to watch it from the beginning to understand the full story. Each series ends with a fantastic cliffhanger, especially season 4 -my jaw dropped, I was so so shocked!! I cannot wait for series 5!
It is such a shame that it has not got the recognition it deserves in the UK (with all the channel swapping and inconsistent airings) as it is a fabulous, award-winning show with an excellent cast of actors. Jennifer Garner is brilliant as Sydney Bristow- her performances are an inspiration.
It is the type of glamourous TV series the US do so well.
I got into Lost because it is made by the same people who make Alias, and I love it just as much -for those who have got bored of Lost -stick with it, if Alias is anything to go by, the fun has only just began with Lost.
on 17 February 2006
this is by far the best show since buffy and xena to have an butt kicking female lead in it!
jennifer garner (elektra,daredevil) stars as sydney bristow a CIA operative who's life gets turned upside down when she discovers she actually works for an criminial organisation poseing as the CIA!
season 2 we have her taking down the criminial organisation she works for and joining the real CIA, and meeting her supposedly dead mother who's actually an EX K-DIRECTIVE agent(russian agent)
season 3 sydney returns after 2 years of supposedly being dead to find her one true love michael vaughn married and her father in prison.
season 4 sydney quits the CIA to join an black ops division of the CIA called APO as well as several other casts members , michael vuaghn works on gaining sydney trust back!!
so in all we have one explosive action pack tv series in the form of alias which it's fifth season is screening in America now!!!
if you're a serious alias fan i would recommend buying this or if you don't own either or just one of the series then this is for you!!!
on 28 April 2016
A great box set of the Alias series. It comes in a sturdy cardboard box with cut-outs in the front. Inside the main box each season comes in a separate smaller box containing 6 discs in 3 dvd cases. There are 22 episodes in each season with a running time of 15 hours. I don't know when I'll get to watch all 60 hours contained in this box set. However the very positive reviews from the others have encouraged me to get this set and one day I'll find the time to watch the entire series..
There is also a Season 5 which I plan to get separately.
on 25 February 2006
I used to think Charmed was great until i fell upon Alias by accident on UK Living. I had never heard of it before. Jennifer Garner is remarkable & JJ Abhrams directing is unmissable.I don't want to repeat what everyone has explained about the story line as every ones reviews are accuarate & brillant. All my friends & family are now watching it. Just can't wait until tne next series. Just go & buy it. We all want to be spies.
on 15 October 2011
I love this series and I decided to purchase it as was not going on holiday that year. I have watched this soon many times and will never get tired! Excellent condition really reasonable price for the set smart presentation. Delivered quickly and very happy with my purchase.
on 17 August 2012
I think this is one of the best TV shows ever with a female protagonist. It's an action series tempered by romance with a very good plot and character development. I definetly recommend this TV show. You won't regret it.
on 8 June 2006
This is worth the money - I bought them all together to save money on it but the box is just beautiful!! I'd 100% recommend buying this if you dont have all of the 1 -4 seasons. If you do have them its not worth buying though (All the box sets on the inside are the same as you would buy seperately)
on 16 August 2006
I have been a fan of Alias for 5 years now and still love it. Sadly season 5 was the last one but then again you can buy this wonderful box set with the first 4 seasons in it. Each season is great and Jennifer Garner is an amazing actress. The storylines are sometimes silly and quit unrealstic. But still so much better then almost anything on TV. I'm very happy that you can now buy all 4 seasons in one big and very beautiful box set with all the great episodes and lots of extras. Each season has many extras and very funny bloopers. I must say that even if Alias is no more, you must buy this now and enjoy many hours of Alias.