on 5 October 2009
I watched a friends copy of this DVD as it turns out we had both been secret fans of Tommy & Bobby.

This is comedy gold.

The Trumpet Scene is the pinnacle of British Stand-up comedy in my humble opinion.

I've heard a lot about the new crop of young British Comedians (Frankie Boyle, Micael MacIntyre, etc.) but they would do well to sit down and watch this DVD for a masterclass in the art of comedy timing and delivery.

The fact that these two are still selling out bingo halls up and down the country is testament to how timeless their act is.

The trumpet routine is just one of many hilarious sketches.

This is 5 ster gold comedy.
on 5 October 2009
They've still got it!!!

Friends recently bought this DVD for me for my birthday, knowing that I was a huge fan of Tommy & Bobby. I wasnt to be disappointed on watching the DVD and was literally in stitches for most of the performance.

'Legends of Comedy' is a fitting title.

Highly recommended to Cannon & Ball fans.

In conclusion, if Aliens landed & asked me 'What is this 'comedy' that you speak of?' i'd most certainly sit them down & make them watch this dvd. Then they would understand.
on 24 May 2012
As I sat in my armchair watching this DVD (which I had picked up in the discount basket at my local garage), tears streaming down my face, I realised that I was watching something truly groundbreaking.

'Cannon and Ball - Live' defines the comedy genre. The duo, who have been practicing their art for years, have finally cracked it and created a seminal moment in entertainment history. Catchphrases, finely honed over decades, now crash home with the power of a comedy sledgehammer. Bobby Ball's timing and timbre when announcing to Tommy "you little liar" reduced me to a gibbering wreck continually. Such artists!

The new generation of comics could learn a lot by scouring the charity shops for this DVD. No need for foul language or unnecessary lewdness. Rather catchphrases, old fashioned slapstick and comedy misunderstandings are the order of the day. "Rock on Tommy" and Bobby, "I piggin' love you" guys!

Rest assured, when my benefit finally gets paid, rather than buying my usual cartons of Superkings, I'll be taking a trip to Blackpool to pay homage to these giants of comedy. Bravo good sirs, bravo.
on 17 March 2010
as soon as i saw this dvd advertised i just had to have it, and it certainly dident dissapoint this is cannon and ball at there best bringing back great memories of the 70s and 80s,thank you very much.ray seddon
on 16 May 2010
Although this DVD is less than an hour long, it is a 'must see' for all die hard Cannon & Ball fans...especially the additional extracts from their interview!!
on 30 June 2006
I enjoyed watching this DVD of my favourite Comedy duo Cannon and Ball. I was laughing a lot throughout this DVD.

I thought the trumpet routine on the extras was hillarious when Tommy broke Bobby's trumpet into bits and pieces and Bobby went "Oh look at it" several times over.

I recommend this to anyone who likes Cannon and Ball.
on 9 May 2013
Oh so very funny would recommend this dvd to all who fancy a huge chunk of laughter in their lives
on 29 September 2014
Good but near theend there is no sound
on 2 August 2014
BRILLIANTLY FUNNY A MUST HAVE .
on 30 October 2015