Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£7.85+ £1.26 shipping

on 19 March 2017
Good album but you have to listen to it a few times before you really start to like it.
on 25 October 2005
Grandaddy's early albums were so refreshing - unique. No other band was recording songs so varied, beautiful, weird, etc. But then with "Sumday" I thought they were in danger of pandering to the mainstream masses, who perhaps needed a more sympathetic, commercial packaging of the Grandaddy product. For me, Sumday was their least brilliant album, although I still think it's a cut above most albums. These "Excerpts" take us back to the varied, beautiful, weird Grandaddy without it feeling like a backward step. Try singing along with the brilliant "Florida" - hitting notes that no other band would dare to reach. "Pull the Curtains" will be played just before I'm cremated after I'm gone - another great rock song. "At my post" reminds me of the structure used so well in "miner at the dial-a-view" from the Sophtware Slump album. More "F" words in 30 minutes than most bands manage in a lifetime's recording. The three other tracks are also well-crafted songs with the trademark Grandaddy shiver-down-your spine beauty. Ace.
on 23 September 2005
I got hold of this early on Itunes and i have just placed and order for the CD. From Pull the Curtains on the day, all the way to the end, this EP shows once again the breadth of Grandaddy's song writing. Just wonderful rock / prog / folk / miserablist / happy brilliance!
Heartbreaking....We have all lost a valley son...Jason Lytles sings his goodbyes & they reflect his sense of irony,loss,anger,sadness,sarcasm,
pain,being used,lost & down & swearing at despair and yet,throughout his journey,he maintains great musical integrity to create a mini album,a masterpiece,of real beauty.
It's such an emotional album that perhaps I don't play it as often as I should,& I have to be in a reflective mood to really appreciate the depth of feeling.It's strange how the saddest songs can sometimes be so uplifting.My favourite tracks are; a valley son (sparing),cinderland & goodbye?....
on 16 September 2005
Grandaddy are one of the most under-rated bands on Earth. Each of their records contains awe-insipring tunes and they have great beards. This mini-lp is a little more keyboard driven than the bands most recent stuff but just listen to Pull my Curtains, Florida and Goodbye and be amazed. Roll on the full on record!
on 9 November 2016
Helped complete the back catalogue .Eight tracks for a couple of quid.