Customer reviews

on 17 October 2005
I bought this solely on the basis of the first single to be released from the album, reasoning that if the rest of the album was that good I wouldn't be disappointed. And I was right.
This is basically a mix of reggae and pop with a twist of blues influence for good measure. The instrumentals are never wasted, whilst all the tracks are rhythmically very strong, the bass and drumming in particular being are inventive. Each song has a narrative element to it and when I first played it, I played it again five times for good measure.
Most people will proabaly be familiar with the opening number, but the first three tracks in particular are very strong. You will either love or hate the lead singer's vocals, however.
On the whole, this album is catchy, suitable for background music on chilled-out star-lit nights with a barbecue and some friends and equally so as a feel good pick me up. I would have no problem recommending it to all and sundry.
on 17 November 2015
Bought this for 1 good song but there are a few which I like on the album.
on 9 September 2009
Just what I was looking for! Track One became the soundtrack of my summer holiday this year so I had to buy it when I got back! It was definitely worth buying the whole album instead of just the one song. Each song is very different so caters for different tastes. I think it would have been worth having slightly longer clips of each track available to listen to before purchase as some songs may not be everyone's cup of tea.
on 28 May 2013
My favourite Bedouin album. Fun, easy listening, great music. Good for all occasions and tastes. I definitely recommend it to buy.
on 19 June 2015
Great album to chill out to.
on 18 February 2017
Fab.
on 5 January 2014
Great music- upbeat and easy to listen to. Bought it as a replacement as I seem to have lost the original one.
Arrived promptly and was well packed
on 24 September 2010
This album has been the soundtrack to my entire summer this year. I bought it after hearing 'When the Night..." on a compilation CD, and i was not disappointed.
For a three-piece band, they create a surprisingly tight and full sound. Most notably throughout the album are the drums - complicated shuffle rhythms mixed with simple root reggae beats and even a touch of drum and bass drive this album forward and force you to crank up the volume. The simplistic guitar sound works well with the inventive bass playing and the singers voice, in my opinion, is angelic and warm. The lyrics touch mainly on criminals, hometown environment and personal stuff.
I may not have made this album sound too appealing with my choice of words, but all I have to say is buy it and check it out for yourself. It's not that expensive and it is definitely up there in my five favorite albums of all time, and trust me, i own a lot of albums!

Bedouin Soundclash really bring their original sound home with this masterpiece of an album. Full respect to them!
on 4 November 2005
This is the first time I've been compelled to write a review of a CD. These guys really deserve respect for creating this album so I figure I'll give it to them.
I'm really into stuff like Dispatch, Jack Johnson, Sublime and G Love. Bedouin Soundclash are right up my street with their unique sound blending soulful lyrics with catchy, uplifting melodies and a nice raw summertime vibe. The vocalist's voice is soft and very distinctive - my mate reckons he sounds a bit like Paul Simon - which fits well with the whole sound.
Although the sound is fairly reggae in a way, this isn't a reggae album by any means, the sound is much more original and has kind of a more acoustic Sublime-when-they-arent-playing-punk feel. Also, there's a decent and inventive blend of styles on the album, most notably that a couple of tracks have sections of drum n bass rhythm. Don't be put off by this if you dont like dnb, this album is so easy to get into - it doesnt require repeated listening to appreciate. Im not massively into dnb but it really works obscenely well with smoothed-out guitar over a drum beat that's actually played, not processed.
The only reason not to like this album is if you don't like beautiful, summery, well written music that gives you a sense of general global well-being. Obviously, not everyone likes this sort of music, but if you share your music tastes with me you're going to have to get this. Legends in the making in my opinion.
If you've heard this album and like it, check out Dispatch too, probably their best album is Bang Bang. They're so unknown for such an awesome band (who have sadly now split up). Guys like this are the counterbalance for England's shocking weather - close your eyes and you'll swear you can feel the sun on your arms and and the smell of salt water and a BBQ.
on 28 May 2012
Absolutely amazing album! I've listened to it over and over again - so chilled out, a bit ska, a bit reggae, a bit folk. Very very chilled and summery!

Really though, I'm writing this review to question this listing:

"Sounding Amosaic - Snowdogs" SNOWDOGS!?!? This album is obviously ACTUALLY by BEDOUIN SOUNDCLASH

NOT

Snowdogs

Anyway, enjoy and go find more BEDOUIN SOUNDLASH!

(NB. Snowdogs is an american noisy punk band)