Customer reviews

Format: VHS Tape|Change
Price:£24.99+ £2.80 shipping

on 18 May 2017
Unfortunately these two DVDs were delivered in the wrong order two first ans series one today so I started watching series two first, never mind it certainly bought back memories in my working in a factory with no heating no air conditioning when it got to cold we just worked harder too warm work stopped and we all wheat outside
on 13 July 2017
for some reason I thought the rag trade was from late 70s but I got this and found it was early 60s glad I got it anyway.
on 13 September 2011
I'd almost forgotten this series, then I saw it on the Amazon site, and decided to send for it. I'm glad I did. Made in the 1960's, it's ancient, and thus it's in black and white, but that seems to add to the atmosphere. The characters go together well. You have to remember that this was made during an age where the unions ruled the roost. There's plenty of it in this programme, with Miriam Karlin as the Shop Steward, Peter Jones as the sweat shop owner, and Reg Varney as the foreman caught up in the middle of it. There's a very young Barbara Windsor in it as well. Well worth the money, if you want to see what working life was like 50 years ago. And plenty of good laughs along the way.
on 18 March 2017
good product and a speedy delivery
on 3 November 2005
Wonderful to see this series released on DVD. The only problem is the transfer quality (picture and sound). Can appreciate this is old footage, but for the selling price one expects better quality. Technology is there to improve the said quality, but the makers haven't bothered on this occasion.
11 Comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 April 2010
The Rag Trade originally started in the early 60's on the BBC and included Reg Varney (On The Buses fame)in its cast. A few years later LWT produced this series and include Anna Karen in the cast playing the same character from On The Buses - Olive Rudge. However the series really belongs to its two main stars Peter Jones as Fenner and Miriam Karlin as Paddy the shop steward. The charisma of Peter Jones and Miriam Karlin together is an instant hit. Based in the garment industry which has fast faded from the British scene because of cheaper products from abroad. This gives a hint of the enjoyable times that were had in small factories in the past. This is not just a great comedy show, but a bit of social history that has now gone. It is nice to see this on DVD as it gave hours of enjoyment on TV, now more hours on DVD.
on 23 February 2017
Very innocent buy todays standards
on 9 March 2012
I viewed and enjoyed The Rag Trade as a child when TV first came to Australia and have always wondered why there were no repeat viewings on TV of late but to my delight I found your site and discovered that I could purchase it and now when I need a good laugh I have it at my fingertips. After all these years I was surprised at the quality of the picture. Thanks for your prompt and courteous service.
Regards Lorraine
on 7 January 2013
Great value 2 disks with lots of episodes including a Christmas special. A real nostalgia trip suitable for all the family.
on 26 February 2012
The Rag trade was a 1960's television programme which had the audience glued to the set week by week, as we watched the characters interact with each other at their work place, a dress making factory.
Watching this DVD after all these years was pure nostalga, and brought back fond memories.